none
How to solve MSExchange ADaccess error in eventviewer (2937)?

Question

• Hello,

How can I solve the following error in the eventviewer of my Exchange 2010 SP1 server?:

Process w3wp.exe () (PID=4172). Object [CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=chasse,DC=nl]. Property [GlobalAddressList] is set to value [chasse.nl/Configuration/Deleted Objects/Default Global Address List

DEL:5dc81567-e641-493d-830b-13abd0045e50], it is pointing to the Deleted Objects container in Active Directory. This property should be fixed as soon as possible.

Thnx Remco

Monday, September 27, 2010 6:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Remco,

Which attribute are you trying to change? It won't be the objectGUID. I would check the GlobalAddressList attribute and change it so is set to the new GAL's DN. You can get this using the following cmdlet:

Get-GlobalAddressList "Default Global Address List" | fl DistinguishedName

Steve

Steve Goodman
    Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

• Marked as answer by Remco Tiel Friday, October 01, 2010 7:24 AM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Remco,

This sounds like a similar issue that can affect Recipients. You will see a post on Jeff Guillet's blog proposing a solution here . In the same vain, can you see if this command corrects the issue.

Update-GlobalAddressList "Default Global Address List"

Steve

Steve Goodman

Monday, September 27, 2010 6:57 PM
  • Hi steve,

I tried the solution you provided and rebooted the server to test it, I get similar errors:

Process MSExchangeTransportLogSearch.exe () (PID=3244). Object [CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=chasse,DC=nl]. Property [GlobalAddressList] is set to value [chasse.nl/Configuration/Deleted Objects/Default Global Address List

DEL:5dc81567-e641-493d-830b-13abd0045e50], it is pointing to the Deleted Objects container in Active Directory. This property should be fixed as soon as possible.

Process edgetransport.exe () (PID=3444). Object [CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=chasse,DC=nl]. Property [GlobalAddressList] is set to value [chasse.nl/Configuration/Deleted Objects/Default Global Address List

A little while ago I deleted the GAL and recreated it, I think it has to do something with this.....

Remco

Monday, September 27, 2010 7:40 PM
  • Hi Remco,

If you do

Get-GlobalAddressList "Default Global Address List" | fl guid

Does it show the same guid as above?

Steve

Steve Goodman

Monday, September 27, 2010 8:28 PM
  • Hi Steve,

It shows a different guid for the default GAL, can I change this somehow?

Remco

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 6:29 AM
  • Hi,

How is the issue now?

Regards,

Xiu

Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:49 AM
  • Hi Xiu,

I'm still having this problem, I've posted another question on the forum related to this and reiceved a possible solution for this. I'll try this one out first and let you know....

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/e4babaa7-62b1-4a22-b9c1-b78974aaa99a

Remco

Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:53 AM
  • Hello Xiu,

When executing the solution provide by Andy (Can you Browse to that object (CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=chasse,DC=nl) via adsiedit and set the property to the correct, valid GAL?) in the above post I'm getting the error:

The atribute cannot be modified because it is owned by the system.....

So I still have no solution for this....

Remco

Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:44 AM
  • Hi Remco,

Which attribute are you trying to change? It won't be the objectGUID. I would check the GlobalAddressList attribute and change it so is set to the new GAL's DN. You can get this using the following cmdlet:

Get-GlobalAddressList "Default Global Address List" | fl DistinguishedName

Steve

Steve Goodman

• Marked as answer by Remco Tiel Friday, October 01, 2010 7:24 AM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:06 PM
  • Hi Steve,

The problem is solved.... It turned out that in the GlobalAddressList attribute of CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=chasse,DC=nl there were two entries to the default GAL, I removed the bad one and restarted the server and everything was ok!

Thnx

Friday, October 01, 2010 7:25 AM