none
Several KM-TEST Loopback adapters in the same L2 broadcast domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Community and Microsoft network experts.

Is there a way to join two or more KM-TEST loopback adapters to the same L2 broadcast domain? I coult loke to send a L2 network paclet from (first) KM-TEST-1 with DST FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF and capture it on (second) KM-TEST-2 (the same as over physical connections) but this traffic shouldn't be passed through other interfaces (i would like to keep in within Windows instance).

This worked well on XP/2003 with default config but it doesn't work since 7/2008.

Thank you in advance.

• Edited by ns.88.ns Saturday, November 30, 2019 4:41 AM typos/formatting
    Saturday, November 30, 2019 4:38 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Unfortunately, I did not find any official document talking about it. I need do more research, if we have any thoughts about this issue, we will keep you posted as soon as possible. 

If this question is urgent, I would suggest you open a case with Microsoft ,more in-depth investigation can be done so that you would get a more satisfying explanation and solution to this issue.

Here is the link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/customer-service-phone-numbers

It is also appreciated that the other members in our forum can share their experience with us about this scenario.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Monday, December 2, 2019 8:08 AM
  • Microsoft said - unsupported. But it means actually nothing because they always say unsupported when TSE shouldn't escalate question to next line by their internal procedures/rules. But I'm MSCE and I never trust them so I found a solution on built-in components. Unfortuntely it doesn't work in Server Core due to absense one of required components.

Anyway, this question can be closed. Candy, thank you for the reply. Unfortunately you just pointed me to well-known information so I don't mark your reply as answer. It's a pity. Sorry for that.

Best regards.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 3:53 AM
  • Hi ,

>>Unfortunately you just pointed me to well-known information so I don't mark your reply as answer. It's a pity. Sorry for that.

It doesn't matter, I regret that I cannot help you solve it.

Anyway,many thanks for your post and all the efforts so far.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 4:05 AM