none
Exchange 2010 - Deleted Items - Remove Access to deleted items and the rest give Full Access RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have Exchange 2010. We have a user (A) that has Full Access to another user's mailbox (B). 

Can we remove A users access from B's deleted items? 

So basically, can A have access to everything in B's mailbox, apart from deleted items? We would like to achieve this without individually assigning rights to each folder. When we try to do it manually from B's mailbox, A still has full rights to B's deleted items. I think this is because the permission is inherited??

Is this possible?

Regards

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 12:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can't do that. You have to use mailbox folder level permission to achieve your goal. With full access user will be able to access all folders within mailbox.

Thanks,

Ashish

MCITP, MCT, MCSE

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”

Note:- Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by barvcontrol Thursday, March 7, 2019 1:42 PM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2019 1:03 PM
  • Hi,

You can try to use the following script to grant permission on all folders in a mailbox. If you want to prevent the user from deleting items, you can add the NonEditingAuthor or Reviewer right for the user.

Setting mailbox folder permissions in bulk via PowerShell

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. And the changes made in the above blog is not supported officially by Microsoft.

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams. 

Thursday, March 7, 2019 6:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can't do that. You have to use mailbox folder level permission to achieve your goal. With full access user will be able to access all folders within mailbox.

Thanks,

Ashish

MCITP, MCT, MCSE

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”

Note:- Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by barvcontrol Thursday, March 7, 2019 1:42 PM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2019 1:03 PM
  • Hi,

You can try to use the following script to grant permission on all folders in a mailbox. If you want to prevent the user from deleting items, you can add the NonEditingAuthor or Reviewer right for the user.

Setting mailbox folder permissions in bulk via PowerShell

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. And the changes made in the above blog is not supported officially by Microsoft.

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams. 

Thursday, March 7, 2019 6:29 AM
  • Thanks for the confirmation.
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 1:41 PM
  • Thanks. I'll give that a try. 
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 1:42 PM