Failure to create DAG replica RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have a mailbox store that we now want to replicate to another DAG member in a remote office, which is also hosting copies of other stores with no issues.

When trying to create a database copy we then get an error (summary):

"Specific RPC error message. Error 0x6d9 (There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper)"

Same error occurs if I try an update database copy.

Unfortunately this happens after about 16 hours. The database is 300GB in size so not huge.

I don't know if the error is occurring because it is taking too long to copy or the error is a symtom of a different problem.

Can anyone advise please ?

Thanks

Monday, August 8, 2011 2:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Can you please check if the replication service is running on the serevrs that are members of the DAG
    Monday, August 8, 2011 2:44 PM
  • Hi Jarweb,

You get this message because

The "No more endpoints available" error message means the RPC Endpoint Mapper was not able to use a port greater than 1024 for a service that runs over RPC.
    Note RPC Endpoint Mapper runs on port 135.

I believe you are using Windows 2008 server, so you can just refer this Link, it does not have the 2k8 server in applies to section but this will give you brief idea as what issue you are facing.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839880

Please let me know if you want more clarification. your Queries and Issues are always welcome.

Thanks & Regards, Ritesh Hegde, Exchange,BPOS, FOPE, O365.
    Monday, August 8, 2011 3:10 PM
  • Hi

As I said the same server I am trying to copy this store to hosts copies of other data stores without issue.

Regards

John

Monday, August 8, 2011 4:16 PM
  • May i know the version of Exchange you are running?

-IJ

Inderjit
    Monday, August 8, 2011 6:27 PM
  • Exchange is 2010 SP1

Thanks

Monday, August 8, 2011 8:49 PM
  • Hi Jarweb,

You get this message because

The "No more endpoints available" error message means the RPC Endpoint Mapper was not able to use a port greater than 1024 for a service that runs over RPC.
    Note RPC Endpoint Mapper runs on port 135.

I believe you are using Windows 2008 server, so you can just refer this Link, it does not have the 2k8 server in applies to section but this will give you brief idea as what issue you are facing.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839880

You are getting this error because your Exchange server is not able to communicate with Active Directory server, use Support tools

you can find how to install support tools for win2k8 at http://www.infotechguyz.com/server2008/server2008supporttools.html

Are you able to ping the server, what is the status of the MRS (Mailbox Replication Service) on you server. You can find it on services.msc.

Please let me know if you want more clarification. your Queries and Issues are always welcome.

Thanks & Regards, Ritesh Hegde, Exchange,BPOS, FOPE, O365.
    • Proposed as answer by Hegz Monday, August 8, 2011 10:24 PM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 10:22 PM
  • Hi jarweb,

Please run the cmdlet Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus "DB name\local server" | fl and post the result here.

Please run the Add-MailboxDatabaseCopy to create a SeedingPostponed database first to see whether it works:

Add-MailboxDatabaseCopy -Identity "DB name" -MailboxServer "remote server" -ActivationPreference 2 -SeedingPostponed 

Please run the Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus again to check the status of SeedingPostponed database.

After that, try to seed the database.

Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy -Identity "DB name\remote server" -DatabaseOnly -verbose

Frank Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 8:53 AM
  • Hi

I'm not sure if a backup running during the initial copy process  would cause a problem - i.e. if the logs got flushed during the copy ?  See below re missing log file from get-mailboxdatabasecopystatus

Thanks

John

RunspaceId                       : aa327bc0-73a5-4a2b-9575-905f72c5fbb6
    Identity                         : DB1\MAIL02
    Name                             : DB1\MAIL2
    DatabaseName                     : DB1
    Status                           : FailedAndSuspended
    MailboxServer                    : MAIL02
    ActiveDatabaseCopy               : MAIL01
    ActivationSuspended              : True
    ActionInitiator                  : Service
    ErrorMessage                     : The required log file 728809 for DB1\MAIL02 is missing on the active cop
                                       y. If you removed the log file, please replace it. If the log file is lost, the data
                                       base copy will need to be reseeded using Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy.

ErrorEventId                     : 2059
    ExtendedErrorInfo                :
    SuspendComment                   : The database copy was automatically suspended due to failure item processing. At '07
                                       /08/2011 23:13:13' the copy of 'DB1' on this server experienced an error that re
                                       quires it be reseeded. For more detail about this failure, consult the Event log on
                                       the server for other storage and "ExchangeStoreDb" events. The passive database copy
                                        has been suspended.

SinglePageRestore                : 0
    ContentIndexState                : Unknown
    ContentIndexErrorMessage         : Could not find registry entry for Catalog Health for database {70abf58a-b1cc-4c1a-ae
                                       07-c39b251a35ef}
    CopyQueueLength                  : 736278
    ReplayQueueLength                : 0
    LatestAvailableLogTime           : 07/08/2011 23:13:02
    LastCopyNotificationedLogTime    : 07/08/2011 23:13:02
    LastCopiedLogTime                :
    LastInspectedLogTime             :
    LastReplayedLogTime              :
    LastLogGenerated                 : 736278
    LastLogCopyNotified              : 732933
    LastLogCopied                    : 0
    LastLogInspected                 : 0
    LastLogReplayed                  : 732564
    LogsReplayedSinceInstanceStart   : 0
    LogsCopiedSinceInstanceStart     : 0
    LatestFullBackupTime             :
    LatestIncrementalBackupTime      :
    LatestDifferentialBackupTime     :
    LatestCopyBackupTime             :
    SnapshotBackup                   :
    SnapshotLatestFullBackup         :
    SnapshotLatestIncrementalBackup  :
    SnapshotLatestDifferentialBackup :
    SnapshotLatestCopyBackup         :
    LogReplayQueueIncreasing         : False
    LogCopyQueueIncreasing           : False
    OutstandingDumpsterRequests      : {}
    OutgoingConnections              :
    IncomingLogCopyingNetwork        :
    SeedingNetwork                   :
    ActiveCopy                       : False

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 2:32 PM
  • Hi jarweb,

Please see this similar post:

Dag and seeding

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/exchange2010/thread/fed6aeeb-f827-41e4-ab26-4e2aafd444b7

More information:

Performing a manual copy of a mailbox database in a DAG

http://www.misdivision.com/blog/performing-a-manual-copy-of-a-mailbox-database-in-a-dag

Frank Wang

• Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Monday, August 15, 2011 1:34 AM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:17 AM
  • Hi jarweb,

Any updates?

Frank Wang

Friday, August 12, 2011 3:18 AM