How to verify Public folder has been moved to one server to another server RRS feed

• Question

• I used .\MoveAllReplicas.ps1 -Server Server1 -NewServer Server for moving public folder from one server to another server in Exchange Server 2010,

any can one tell me how to verify above command has been executed successfully and all data has been moved,

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @MrLucknowWale |
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 3:21 PM

Answers

• Hello Singh,

To verify the Public Folder details like server etc, please try the below Command:

Get-PublicFolder –Identity '\' –Recurse | Where {$_.Name –eq 'Exchange 2010'} | Format-List

Thanks,

Kranthi-EX

• Marked as answer by SinghSharad Friday, November 25, 2011 6:55 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 5:46 PM

All replies

• After the move is complete there will only be one replica of public folder on the destination server. You can use the Public Folder Management Tool to open the properties of a public folder and view the replicas on the Replication tab.

If you have many public folders, then that will be quite painful to complete. You can also verify at the command line for all public folders by using the following:

Get-publicfolder -recurse | format-list name,replicas

Byron Wright (http://byronwright.blogspot.com)
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 4:10 PM
  • Hello Singh,

To verify the Public Folder details like server etc, please try the below Command:

Get-PublicFolder –Identity '\' –Recurse | Where {$_.Name –eq 'Exchange 2010'} | Format-List

Thanks,

Kranthi-EX

• Marked as answer by SinghSharad Friday, November 25, 2011 6:55 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 5:46 PM
  • get-publicfolderstatistics -server <name of server which was removed>
    Sukh
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 6:49 PM
  • Please go through the below article:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2007/07/09/3403373.aspx

Best Regards, Kranthi-EX
    • Edited by Kranthi-EX Thursday, November 24, 2011 7:14 PM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 7:14 PM