none
Remote Management for Tenants RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks

Has anyone implemented custom RBAC role groups witch custom scopes and provided their customers with access to the Exchange shell via WinRM over SSL? Just thinking aloud here but I understand O365 has similar functionaility.

We currently use a CP solution but that is limited to what it can do. For example a tenant of ours asks for exports of their users quite regularly. I know we could automate this in other ways but it would be nice to be able to provide some basic shell access into the hosting environment which is secure and limits what they can do (obviously). There are other forms of administration work that they would like to be able to do currently not exposed through our CP and just wondered if it was a. possible and b. if anyone had attempted it?

It kind of grates on me that MS can offer all this level of functionality for a much cheaper price and we dont seem to be able to easily.

TIA

Adam

Friday, August 10, 2012 10:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Adam,

I have created custom RBAC role groups with custom scopes through the normal tenant access via Azure Powershell. You can limit to a certain extent of what you require.

The other option is API calls with a 3rd party that can get your information without giving full access to the client.Let me know if you require any assistance.

Use the Azure Powershell, create custom role group, then external users or guests, assign them to the group and assign the group with the roles.

Regards,

Monday, April 23, 2018 1:19 PM