none
Outlook 2011 Random Account Disconnect Issue RRS feed

• Question

• On various MACs in a few locations, typically with Multiple mailboxes added, some of the accounts seem to become disconnected (status appears as orange) and sometimes prompt for a password, while other accounts connected to the same 2010 SP2 Exchange Server from that MAC will remain connected.   The user will typically need to close Outlook 2011 and re-open it in order for it to come back on line.  Usually it will be one at a time and other users do not have the same issue at the same time. They are not encountering any connectivity issues while this occurs and this occurs at multiple locations, all of which have a 50 -100 Mb Fiber circuit that is underutilized and since this doesn't happen to all users and all accounts for each user at once, I doubt that it is environmental.  Outlook 2011 logging is turned on, but is not logging any events when this occurs and I'm not seeing any kind of network related or other serious errors in the logs.  The Exchange Client Access Server is not reporting any errors or warnings to the event log when this happens.  Outlook users with Windows using RPC over HTTPS are not experiencing any issues, nor are OWA users.

To me, this seems as though it might be an EWS or Outlook 2011 issue.  Is this a known issue or is there anything else that I can do to troubleshoot?

Friday, August 24, 2012 2:38 PM

All replies

• Hi There,

We have seen sometime where there is an RU installed on the CAS server which has compatibility bug with MAC. Perhaps also try using Outlook for Mac 2016 or if you can test the Office 365 for Mac. Then you know you are running the latest SP.

From the sound of it, it could be an RU bug or the 2011 update bug. Try another version like 2013 for Mac.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Monday, April 23, 2018 5:58 PM