none
this computer is configured as a source transport server for 1 connector error when uninstalling Exchange 2010

Question

• Trying to uninstall an Exchange 2010 CAS/HT server but fails with the following message :"This computer is configured as a source transport server for 1 connection in the organization. These must be moved or deleted before setup can continue". I've checked the Send connctors for Hub Transports at the organization level and there are 4 connectors there but, they all point to the 2007 Hub Transports...none to the 2010 servers. I deleted the two default recive connectors for the server I am trying to uninstall. Is there some place else to find this connector that it is using?
    Monday, November 28, 2011 9:21 PM

Answers

• This ended up being a "user issue". I missed checking one of the connector's (Doh/slap head)..that I checked 'em all.
    • Marked as answer by SteveL_KS Thursday, December 08, 2011 7:03 PM
    Thursday, December 08, 2011 7:03 PM

All replies

• It could the "Text Messaging Delivery Agent Connector" the uninstall in complaining about.
    Check with ADSIEdit under:

CN=Connections,CN=Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR),CN=Routing Groups,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=EXCHANGE ORG,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com

Martina Miskovic - http://www.nic2012.com/
    Monday, November 28, 2011 9:35 PM
  • Found it and the named server was in it ..removed the test connector but, it still fails with the same error.
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 6:17 PM
  • How many connectors do you see in Adsiedit?
    Gulab | MCITP: Exchange 2010-2007 | Lync Server 2010 | Windows Server 2008 | Skype: Exchange.Ranger | Blog: www.ExchangeRanger.Blogspot.com
    • Proposed as answer by Premji_Anbu Saturday, February 17, 2018 4:03 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Premji_Anbu Saturday, February 17, 2018 4:04 AM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 6:19 PM
  • Hi,

Please try to use Get-SendConnector | where {$_.SourceTransportServers -like "< Exchange 2010 server>"} | Set-SendConnector -SourceTransportServers "<Second Exchange 2010 server>"  

After that, please try to remove and then reboot the server then check the issue again.

Xiu

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:43 AM
  • There are four send connectors at the organizational level viewable in the ECP. The same four connectors are shown when I run the Get-SendConnector command in the EMS. These four connectors are in use and have only the Exchange 2007 Hub Transport servers listed as the source. I cannot find any connector that lists any of my Exchange 2010 Hub Transports as the source server.
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 1:16 PM
  • Hi,

Have you reboot the server?

Xiu

Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:06 AM
  • This ended up being a "user issue". I missed checking one of the connector's (Doh/slap head)..that I checked 'em all.
    • Marked as answer by SteveL_KS Thursday, December 08, 2011 7:03 PM
    Thursday, December 08, 2011 7:03 PM
  • Hi Steve,

I know this a bit long time ago, can you still remember more specific about "user issue"? i'm having problem right now when try to uninstall exchange 2013 SP1? the error is exact like yours.

thx
    irwan

Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:45 PM
  • One item to add to this:

If you have a DISABLED Send Connector that uses the Exchange 2010 Server, this will cause this message to appear. You'll need to remove the connector to proceed. This is what I ran into. I was only checking the enabled connector.

Monday, January 15, 2018 10:48 PM