Audit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I want to create an audit trail for every step of my SSIS package, and I like the idea of using the Audit task as it has a GUID and every other piece of data that I require for my audit trail.

The problem I have is that I have put a data flow task on the "OnPreExecute" event and added in the audit task but it never gets executed.. any ideas? I have attached a OLEB destination so the audit data is written to a SQL table to give me a full trail..

Thanks

Thursday, April 22, 2010 12:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• What kind of information do you wish to capture. for each step you could simply use SSIS logging.
    Sudeep's Domain
    • Proposed as answer by Eric Wisdahl Thursday, April 22, 2010 1:04 PM
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 12:08 PM
  • I wanted to know the task name, time it started, etc Does the GUID give you a unqiue id everytime the job is run?

I have not heard/seen the logging before, its is a task or just a case of inserting line via a excute SQL task?

Thanks.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 12:29 PM
  • It is a feature that can be selected from SSIS menu from menu bar. Check for SSIS logging on internet and you will get good links.
    Nitesh Rai- Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 12:33 PM
  • Use SSIS logging in that case.
    Sudeep's Domain
    • Marked as answer by bobthewire Thursday, April 22, 2010 1:09 PM
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 12:36 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted, is there a way of changing the SQL table name that it uses?

Thanks.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 3:25 PM