none
web filter and OWA

Question

• We have a barracuda web filter and since we have installed it, it seems to me that OWA doesnt work as well. It tends to "lose connection to server" when it comes to deleting messages with HTML such as advertisements or spam email. I have spoken with thier support and made appropriate changes but no luck. Has anyone else had simialr issues?
    Monday, February 14, 2011 3:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What about the situation after you disable the barracuda web filter or override the block by placing the OWA URL on a whitelist.

If OWA works fine, I think you’d better check the barracuda web filter configuration and the reporting again.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:39 AM
  • I have put the mail server on a white list but it continues to have problems. I have started sending everything with HTML in it to the junk folder so that it doesnt crash owa. If I use the lite version of owa it works fine but the full version is better.
    Monday, February 21, 2011 11:34 PM
  • We had this issue today. What I found was the Barracuda was blocking it because it had categorized the sight as Suspicious under Content Filtering. I had to add an exemption for all Authenticated Users and now they are able to access OWA. 
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 5:17 PM