none
Get error Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter value are not valid

Question

• Hi,

I have a user who is experiencing the following error. He is opening an email, clicking reply all, adding some text of his own to the top, and clicking Send. When he does, he gets the following error: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter value are not valid."

He set his .pst file as default data file. This case occured after team deployment to upgrade his laptop from win7 32 bit to be win7 64 bit.

I have done below:

1. Scan and repair pst file by SCANPST.EXE

2. Run Outlook on safe mode

3. Change default data file to ost file

4. Rename ost file, and reload ost file.

5. Disable cached mode (get email by online from server)

No change, he is still getting the error.

Then I delete all TO address list and re-add TO address list or move email to mailbox first, the error is going out.

But the problem still occured while user do repply all, and he must to re-add address or move email to mailbox first.

How to solve this problem

Regards,

Nana Sutisna

Friday, October 07, 2011 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Nana,

Can you try by moving the mailbox to different mailbox database and reconfigure the outlook profile?

Before that, try to run the outlook switches - Outlook /resetnavpane -- Outlook /cleanviews -- Outlook /firstrun

If the issue appears again then move the mailbox to different store and reconfigure the profile..

Thank you

Friday, October 07, 2011 7:08 PM
  • Thanks for reply.

I have not done your reference yet, because my client already downgrade outlook 2010 64 bit to outlook 2007 32 bit, and the problem have gone away since week ago.

Whats is the source problem? Because the others client with 2010 64 bit are find.

And I will confirm, that client use .pst file as default data file. As your reference, I have to move mailbox to other mailbox, is it will impact to .pst file?

Thanks,

Nana Sutisna

Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:51 AM