none
DNS server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

i changed my DNS server, and i changed dns ip on my servers with static ip but when i do debugging on the old dns i found always request from theses servers.

best regards .

AHL1988

• Edited by AHL1988 Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:45 AM
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:44 AM

All replies

• Could you please post ipconfig /all from a machine which is still using the old DNS server? Are you sure that the traffic is for DNS (e.g. UDP/53)?

It may be as well that you have a software on these machines which relies on its own DNS resolution configuration. If such then you need to update the configuration.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:10 PM
  • hi Ahmed ,

when i do "ipconfig /all" on the server i have a new dns, about software ( i have server for veeam, and gespage ).

best regards.

AHL1988

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:30 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if your question is solved?

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:02 AM
  • hi,

it's not solved. i am always looking for solution.

best regards.

AHL1988

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:50 AM
  • Hi,

Is this DNS server also a DCDid you configure DHCP on this server?

If yes, please delete the old DNS in the DHCP scope option 006.

This problem may also be related to the TTL of your old DNS, you can run the command: ipconfig/flushdns to clear the cache.

Please refer the following article:

Why is my domain still going to the wrong server?

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Have a nice day!

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 28, 2019 6:26 AM

• My dhcp server is apart i had a dc/dns on windows server 2008 and now i created a new AD/DNS server on windows 2016.
    i have some servers with ip static(VEEAM,RDS,print server, IIS) i changed dns on theses servers and i made ipconfig /flushdns but theses servers use always the old dns.

i want to theses servers(VEEAM,RDS,print server, IIS)use the new DNS, so i could shutdown the old AD/DNS.

best regards.

AHL1988

Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:07 AM