none
Outlook 2011 for Mac Sub-Folders within Public Folders

Question

• Hi,

I have a client that has just migrated to Exchange 2010. They have a lot of data stored within Public folders, with a clear sub-folder strategy. Whilst I'm aware this is not an ideal structure, there is considerable inertia attached to this system.

The issue is that one of the clients, the MD,  is using Outlook 2011 on a Mac. He has found that he now needs to subscribe to each folder he wants to access individually (there are hundreds) and Outlook loses the the folder structure. 

I'm hoping that I'm missing something really obvious in the configuration of Outlook 2011 that will make this possible? 

If anybody has any ideas on how to achieve this I would be grateful, that don't involve getting rid of the folders please!

Many thanks,

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Unfortunately, this is a by design behavior in Outlook 2011 for MAC. Public folders have to be individually subscribed in Outlook 2011.

Gen Lin

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by RichardNelson Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:27 PM
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Unfortunately, this is a by design behavior in Outlook 2011 for MAC. Public folders have to be individually subscribed in Outlook 2011.

Gen Lin

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by RichardNelson Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:27 PM
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:18 AM
  • That is a shame! Thanks for the response.
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:27 PM