RSAT Windows 10 2004 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I did the last update 2004 on my Windows 10 Pro. It has removed my Active Directory console. I try to reinstall it with the last WindowsTH-RSAT_WS_1803-x64.msu but I get an error 0x8024001D.

Please, could you help me?

Bruno

Friday, July 3, 2020 9:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Bruno,

After you update to Windows 10 2004 version, try to install RSAT tool by using powershell command. Please refer to the link below:

https://www.imab.dk/deploy-rsat-remote-server-administration-tools-for-windows-10-v2004-using-configmgr-and-powershell/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

RSAT is often updated when Windows updates, so make sure the machine could connect Microsoft Update Server directly. As gettnmorebetter said, if you use WSUS to control manage updates, please check the group policy below:

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System.
    On the right pane look for policy named “Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair. Right click policy setting and click Enabled. In addition to that, check the box “Download repair content and optional features directly from Windows Updates instead of Windows Server Updates Services (WSUS)“.

After that, you could also install RSAT by using powershell.(Get-WindowsCapability, Add-WindowsCapability).

Get-WindowsCapability -Name RSAT* -Online | Add-WindowsCapability -Online

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 6, 2020 9:19 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? 
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 10, 2020 3:44 AM