none
Removing Public Folder Database from last Exchange 2007 Server in Org RRS feed

• Question

• Currently have Exchange 2010 co-existing with Exchange 2007. Wish to remove the latter. As usual, in order to do this I need to remove the PF database and as usual this takes an inordinate amount of time. Having removed all replicas and attempting to remove the database  I get the error ..

"Error: Object is read only because it was created in a future version of Exchange"

Of course it wasn't, it was created in Exchange 2007

How can I get rid of this PF database please and hence un-install Exchange 2007 ?

Ian
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 12:45 PM

Answers

• As a last method you can try ADSI Edit

Run AdsiEdit.msc
    Expand Configuration Partition > Expand CN=Configuration > CN=Services > CN=Microsoft Exchange > CN='Organization Name' > CN='Administrative Group' > CN=Servers > CN=Information Store > CN='Storage Group Name' > right clik on the CN='Public Folder Store' and delete it

Arman Obosyan, http://postmaster.ge/blog
    • Marked as answer by konnexion Thursday, September 17, 2009 8:09 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:25 AM

All replies

• How you are trying to remove the PF Database? Try with of Remove-PublicFolderDatabase in Exchange 2007 Management Shell...

Remove–PublicFolderDatabase –Identity "Public_Folder_Store_Name"

How to remove Exchange 2007 from a computer

Amit Tank | MVP – Exchange Server | MCITP: EMA | MCSA: M | http://ExchangeShare.WordPress.com

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 12:58 PM
  • Using the following ..

Get-PublicFolder -Server SERVER03 "\" -Recurse -ResultSize:Unlimited | Remove-PublicFolder -Server SERVER03 -Recurse -ErrorAction:SilentlyContinue

Get-PublicFolder -Server SERVER03 "\Non_Ipm_Subtree" -Recurse -ResultSize:Unlimited | Remove-PublicFolder -Server SERVER03 -Recurse -ErrorAction:SilentlyContinue

Get-PublicFolderStatistics -Server SERVER03 | fl

However the last shell command still shows two folders existing ..

AdminDisplayName        : Internet Newsgroups
    AdminDisplayName        : Offline Address Book - /o=Konnexion Ltd/cn=addrlists/
                              cn=oabs/cn=Offline Address List

Try as I might I cannot get rid of those folders. I tried your shell command but it fails because these replicas exist

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 12:58 PM
  • Can anyone please help ? I can't for the life of me remove this Public Folder database. There's no data I need in there. Is there a super Powershell command that will simply blow it away, a "kill -9" so to speak, no questions asked ? I've spent a rediculous amount of time on this and much as I hate gardening I would much prefer to be mowing a lawn than trying to get rid of Exchange 2007 Public Folder Replicas. They are indestructible, just like that guy in Terminator, they keep replicating back.

Ian
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:39 PM

• As a last method you can try ADSI Edit

Run AdsiEdit.msc
    Expand Configuration Partition > Expand CN=Configuration > CN=Services > CN=Microsoft Exchange > CN='Organization Name' > CN='Administrative Group' > CN=Servers > CN=Information Store > CN='Storage Group Name' > right clik on the CN='Public Folder Store' and delete it

Arman Obosyan, http://postmaster.ge/blog
    • Marked as answer by konnexion Thursday, September 17, 2009 8:09 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:25 AM
  • Thanks Arman - that did the trick !

Ian
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 8:09 AM
  • greate informaition

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:45 PM