PowerPiovt notebook to large to open in browser RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SQL 2012 intance along with PowerPivot 2012 that is deployed to SharePoint. When I click to view in the powerpivot gallery I get the following error: This workbook is larget than the maximum workbook size allowed in the browser. The workbook itself is small but has a large underlining dataset in PowerPivot. I am able to open in powerview and open in excel so I'm guessing this has something to do with Excel Services but I don't know how to correct. Thanks for any pointers.

Monday, January 30, 2012 5:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• See if this helps - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff487972.aspx

Thanks

Karan Gulati {MCSE, MCDBA, MCTS, OCAP, OCP}|DS Escalation Services

Facebook BI Page|Twitter|Linked In|Personal Site|Blog Space

• Proposed as answer by Dhanumjay K Thursday, February 2, 2012 8:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Josh5 Monday, February 6, 2012 8:44 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 3:15 AM
  • Hi Josh5.

You can change the the size of the excel work book allowed to powerpivot for shrepoint in excel services.

But the maximum excel workbook size that can be allowed into share point is 2GB. This is the limit of sharepoint not power pivot. So you will not see any preview images belonging to that work book in power pivot gallery, instead it shows a warning that "size exceeded the max size" as in your case.

But if you import the same power pivot model using SSDS and then deploy to SSAS tabular instance and then using BISM connection file in sharepoint you can connect to the deployed database in SSAS. THEN THERE IS NO LIMIT OF 2gb AS IN THE CASE OF POWER PIVOT FOR EXCEL SICE IT DON'T USE EXCEL SERVICE APPLICATION.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pLEASE MARK AS ANSWER IF HELPFUL

Friday, February 3, 2012 4:31 AM