none
Exchange 2010 Federation Trust to access Mailbox of different domain

Question

• I have a query regarding Exchange 2010 federation. Is it possible to create a mailbox of different AD forest user where no any exchange forest. For example i have two different AD forest A & B. A forest having Exchange forest but forest B have no any exchange server. Now i need to create a Mailbox of Forest B to access mails and other resources of A.

So what prerequisite required for this same and what's the procedure. Please help me in this.

Thanks in Advance!!

• Moved by Ed CrowleyMVP Saturday, March 11, 2017 1:19 AM Correct version forum
    Friday, March 10, 2017 7:54 AM

All replies

• I am moving this thread to the very well hidden Exchange 2010 forum.

I believe you are looking for what is called a "linked mailbox".  It has no relation to what is known as a "federation trust", which is used for free-busy access and the like.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123524(v=exchg.141).aspx

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Saturday, March 11, 2017 1:19 AM
  • Hi,

Or do you mean forest trust?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998031(v=exchg.141).aspx

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 13, 2017 8:23 AM
  • Thanks for your reply but my query is not related to linked mailbox.
    Saturday, March 18, 2017 12:07 PM
  • Thanks for reply Li, you are correct my query is related to Forest trust but my scenario is lil different from forest trust. In my case Multiple AD forest without AD trust & Single exchange organization on one forest. Now i want to know, is it possible to create mailbox of different AD forest user? 
    Saturday, March 18, 2017 12:12 PM
  • Sure, but without a trust they'll have to log in with an account in the other forest.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Sunday, March 19, 2017 4:29 AM