none
MS Project: I want a moving End Date to move with a start date of a successor task? RRS feed

• Question

• maybe i dont know what to search on the forum but i couldnt find what i was looking for so i am posting here.

firstly, i should preface my question with: i am a beginner with MS Project and do not have formal training, and google hasnt been a help yet for this question.

Question:

I want a task to start today and have an end date that automatically updates with a successor task.

example:

i want a task to show "parking lot available for use" but the end date of this task needs to coincide with the start date of "contractor occupies parking lot". The date that the parking lot is occupied is up in the air. it depends on Design, Tender, and award of a contract so it is ever changing and we need to show the parking lot users updated schedules to keep them informed.

terrible example but basically the predecessor has no influence on the successor so its end date needs to change with the start date of the following task.

any help would be appreciated.

Thursday, July 9, 2020 10:50 PM

All replies