none
Invalid Syntax Error

Question

• Running SBS 2003/Exchange 2003.

The issue I am having is creating mailboxes or anything associated to Active Directory really. When creating a new User account in AD and choosing to create a mailbox I get an Invalid Syntax Error ID No;800401e4 Active Directory - Exhange Extension

Have tried everything I can think of and find online as well as a re-install of Exchange.

Same error occurs when right clicking a mailbox in Exchange System Manager to access mailbox options.

I hope someone can help.

Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:02 PM

Answers

• Hi, Are you creating the user from the Exchange Server, DC or workstation? If Exchange or DC, try to install the Admin pack and Exchange tools on your workstation and then try to create a user.
    • Marked as answer by RankledpenguiN Saturday, February 04, 2012 6:58 PM
    Friday, February 03, 2012 3:05 AM

All replies

• Hi, Are you creating the user from the Exchange Server, DC or workstation? If Exchange or DC, try to install the Admin pack and Exchange tools on your workstation and then try to create a user.
    • Marked as answer by RankledpenguiN Saturday, February 04, 2012 6:58 PM
    Friday, February 03, 2012 3:05 AM
  • Hi RabidpenguiN ,

kindly check this KB, will help you.

if you got any other error please let me know.

Regards,

Mukram.

Friday, February 03, 2012 6:10 AM
  • Micheal Vi - I am creating the Users on the DC in Active Directory logged on as the Administrator. I will try and install the Admin pack and Exchange Tools on a work station sometime this weekend.

Mukram - Thanks for the article, I will take a look at this as well and see what happens.

Will let you both know what comes of it

Sheldon

Friday, February 03, 2012 6:08 PM
  • Thanks Micheal, hadn't thought of trying to mange AD remotely. Remotely from my work station I am able to accomplish normal Exchange Tasks like creating a Mailbox for a user.

It still does not tell me why I am getting the errors I mentioned but at least I have a work around for the moment.

I think what I am going to do once I get a chance is create a manual backup and Uninstall/Re-install just the System Manager portion and see if that fixes anything.

Sheldon

Saturday, February 04, 2012 7:01 PM