none
Exchange Server 2013 Licensing after Hybrid deployment. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team!

One of my customers migrated from Exchange 2010 to Office 365 via Hybrid Deployment with Directory Synchronization and decided after complete descomission of Exchange Infraestructure (keeping DirSync alive) to install a new Exchange Server 2013 server in another site, just to manage the Active Directory user attributes.

The installation worked fine, no Exchange Forest was created, he created Remote mailboxes to manage user objects and life goes on...

The question: Is the licensing of this new Exchange 2013 Server really necessary, since he has only 2 admin mailboxes to access the console, and the system/arbitration mailboxes?

Thanks and regards to all community!

Thursday, October 24, 2019 3:48 PM

All replies

• Yes. 

you should have a licence for Exchange server 2013.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 4:14 PM
  • Thanks for replying.

After some research I found some document about using the Hybrid Configuration Wizard t license the server with a "Hybrid License" (I would post the link to the doc but my account is not verified yet)

Look for "Hybrid Configuration Wizard and licensing of your on premises" at  Exchange team Blog.

We can use a "Hybrid License" in this case, I just applied that on the server and worked like a charm.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 4:44 PM
  • Thanks for replying.

After some research I found some document about using the Hybrid Configuration Wizard t license the server with a "Hybrid License" (I would post the link to the doc but my account is not verified yet)

Look for "Hybrid Configuration Wizard and licensing of your on premises" at  Exchange team Blog.

We can use a "Hybrid License" in this case, I just applied that on the server and worked like a charm.

Yes, that is a new feature added in HCW about 1 year ago, glad to know you got it resolved.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 25, 2019 7:43 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 28, 2019 10:03 AM