none
Exchange 2010 OWA RRS feed

  • Question

  • For some reason no matter what user attempts to connect to OWA they get the following error:
    The user name or password you entered isn't correct. Try entering it again.

    I have tried using this with every authentication option with the same result. I am 100% certain the username and password is correct. What could be causing this?
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 3:31 PM

Answers

  • I fixed this same issue last night. It has to do with not having the right IIS prerequisites installed. I followed this article and it resolved the issue for me:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb691354.aspx

    This is the code I ran on the 2008R2 server:

    Import-Module ServerManager

    then

    Add-WindowsFeature NET-Framework,RSAT-ADDS,Web-Server,Web-Basic-Auth,Web-Windows-Auth,Web-Metabase,Web-Net-Ext,Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console,WAS-Process-Model,RSAT-Web-Server,Web-ISAPI-Ext,Web-Digest-Auth,Web-Dyn-Compression,NET-HTTP-Activation,RPC-Over-HTTP-Proxy -Restart
    • Proposed as answer by Mumin CICEK Wednesday, December 30, 2009 7:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rowen-XuModerator Thursday, December 22, 2011 2:50 AM
    Friday, December 18, 2009 5:17 PM

All replies

  • Incorrect username or password, or the user is locked out, disabled, or has OWA disabled.
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 3:55 PM
  • I checked all of these (of course). User is not locked out and OWA is enabled for the mailbox. Is there another place it has to be enabled as well? Again i am 100% certain the user name and pwd is correct. I even created a test user and gave it a pwd of 1234567 just to prove we weren't mistyping, still fails for all users both internally and externally.
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 4:11 PM
  • Have you ever had anyone login via OWA?  if not then check to make sure you checked "Use forms-based authentication".  You can find it here: ECM,Server Configuration, Client Access, select server, Outlook Web App tab, OWA, Properties, Authentication tab

    Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:14 PM
  • I (while I had e-mail down to do the Exchange 2010 upgrade) found that unless you give OWA a default domain to login you have to use the domain\username format.  If you add a default domain (either via the EMC or shell) the users just have to put in their username and password to login.
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:54 PM
  • I fixed this same issue last night. It has to do with not having the right IIS prerequisites installed. I followed this article and it resolved the issue for me:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb691354.aspx

    This is the code I ran on the 2008R2 server:

    Import-Module ServerManager

    then

    Add-WindowsFeature NET-Framework,RSAT-ADDS,Web-Server,Web-Basic-Auth,Web-Windows-Auth,Web-Metabase,Web-Net-Ext,Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console,WAS-Process-Model,RSAT-Web-Server,Web-ISAPI-Ext,Web-Digest-Auth,Web-Dyn-Compression,NET-HTTP-Activation,RPC-Over-HTTP-Proxy -Restart
    • Proposed as answer by Mumin CICEK Wednesday, December 30, 2009 7:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rowen-XuModerator Thursday, December 22, 2011 2:50 AM
    Friday, December 18, 2009 5:17 PM
  • Mattborn's post fixed the same problem for me.  Thanks!
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:34 AM
  • Mattborn's method is working.

    I got stocked at this issue for couple days already.

    Thank you.

    Charlie.

    Friday, January 8, 2010 12:24 AM
  • Thanks, that worked for me as well.

    Thanks
    J
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 1:30 AM
  • Many Thanks,

    that worked for me as well.

    Anthony :)

    Thursday, April 8, 2010 6:48 PM
  • This fix worked on my Exchange 2010 server.  Be aware that this command with force the server to reboot.  Make sure you prepare for this before executing the command.

     

    Thanks for help!

    Friday, June 18, 2010 3:19 PM
  • Worked a treat for me, too. Thanks
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:38 PM
  • Thank-You  Thank-You  Thank-You  Thank-You  Thank-You  Thank-You!!!!!!!

    Worked for me after hours and hours of troubleshooting my CAS/HUB NLB Array... Wish i would have found it sooner..UGH!

    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 6:19 PM
  • And worked for me - whoop.

    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 2:07 PM
  • Mattborn... You're a superstar!

    That worked for me too!

    Cheers

    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:35 AM
  • Worked like a charm. Big ups, thanks!
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:06 PM
  • Thank you!!!!

    2 days i worked around this problem. About 15 min with your help the problem was solved.


    • Edited by Baitoz Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:58 AM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:58 AM