none
send/receive error in outlook -- 0x8004011D

Question

• hai,

I have exchange 2010 environment. One outlook client has configured as MAPI client. Outlook version is 2007. i can able to send/receive mails but i receive the below error message everytime

what is that issue?? please help

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004011D): 'The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this connection persists.'

Thanks Chandru CT. MCITP
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Chandra,

I aprove you run the latest patchlevel on your Outlook client ?!

I experienced this issue often and got some possible solutions / causes:

- Expired Exchange Server certificate

- Recreation of MAPI Profile

- Reinstallation of Office incl. Service Pack + Updates

- ineritance of mailbox / mailbox store disabled

I hope something will help for you.

Regards,

Chris

Thursday, December 15, 2011 1:02 PM
  • Hi Chandru,

Some suggestion for you:

1.Check to see that all MSExchange Services are started. (MSExchangeES, MSExchangeIS, MSExchangeMTA, MSExchangeSA)

2.If any of these are not started, start them!
    net start MSExchangeES /yes
    net start MSExchangeIS /yes
    net start MSExchangeMTA /yes
    net start MSExchangeSA /yes

3.Check to see if the Information Stores are mounted. Exchange Manager -> Servers -> Server Name -> First Storage Group -> Right-click on Mailbox Store and select “Mount Store” if dismounted.

4.Perform a database check. Eg:
    C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr>bin\eseutil /mh mdbdata\priv1.edb

5.Sometimes the error code will be thrown when a database is “dirty.” Doing the above check reveals what state the database is in, if you see State: Dirty Shutdown, then you must make sure all transaction logs from the checkpoint and later are present, then mount the store. If the logs are gone, you have to repair the database using Eseutil /p to make the database consistent to start. This can result in data loss, so back up everything beforehand just in case. After running Eseutil /p, run Eseutil /d to defrag the database. Then run the Information Store integrity checker Isinteg.exe -fix. Running these commands should fix any problems associated with a dirty database, and allow the stores to be mounted again. Please do make sure you have 1.5 – 2 times the database file size in free space on the drive for the system to work.

Rowen

TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 16, 2011 2:39 AM

All replies

• Did you check this?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289971 
    Gulab | MCITP: Exchange 2010-2007 | Lync Server 2010 | Windows Server 2008 | Skype: Exchange.Ranger | Blog: www.ExchangeRanger.Blogspot.com
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:09 PM
  • Yes. I checked. It is connected with Microsoft Exchange. I gave send/recieve once again. I closed and opened the outlook i restarted the machine too. but it same error comes every time. but i noticed the when i click on Exchange server receiving in the outlook/send receive box, i see the status as saving synchronize log.

Exchange server sending  Completed

Exchange server receiving -----------

I want to confirm is it fault in Microsoft outlook 2007???

any link is there from microsoft about this error message??

Thanks Chandru CT. MCITP
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:20 PM
  • I want to confirm is it fault in Microsoft outlook 2007???

Outlook team can answer this question.
    Gulab | MCITP: Exchange 2010-2007 | Lync Server 2010 | Windows Server 2008 | Skype: Exchange.Ranger | Blog: www.ExchangeRanger.Blogspot.com
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:44 PM
  • Hi Chandra,

I aprove you run the latest patchlevel on your Outlook client ?!

I experienced this issue often and got some possible solutions / causes:

- Expired Exchange Server certificate

- Recreation of MAPI Profile

- Reinstallation of Office incl. Service Pack + Updates

- ineritance of mailbox / mailbox store disabled

I hope something will help for you.

Regards,

Chris

Thursday, December 15, 2011 1:02 PM
  • @ Chris- 

I hope it works :)

Thursday, December 15, 2011 1:06 PM
  • Hi Chandru,

Some suggestion for you:

1.Check to see that all MSExchange Services are started. (MSExchangeES, MSExchangeIS, MSExchangeMTA, MSExchangeSA)

2.If any of these are not started, start them!
    net start MSExchangeES /yes
    net start MSExchangeIS /yes
    net start MSExchangeMTA /yes
    net start MSExchangeSA /yes

3.Check to see if the Information Stores are mounted. Exchange Manager -> Servers -> Server Name -> First Storage Group -> Right-click on Mailbox Store and select “Mount Store” if dismounted.

4.Perform a database check. Eg:
    C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr>bin\eseutil /mh mdbdata\priv1.edb

5.Sometimes the error code will be thrown when a database is “dirty.” Doing the above check reveals what state the database is in, if you see State: Dirty Shutdown, then you must make sure all transaction logs from the checkpoint and later are present, then mount the store. If the logs are gone, you have to repair the database using Eseutil /p to make the database consistent to start. This can result in data loss, so back up everything beforehand just in case. After running Eseutil /p, run Eseutil /d to defrag the database. Then run the Information Store integrity checker Isinteg.exe -fix. Running these commands should fix any problems associated with a dirty database, and allow the stores to be mounted again. Please do make sure you have 1.5 – 2 times the database file size in free space on the drive for the system to work.

Rowen

Friday, December 16, 2011 2:39 AM
  • Hi Chandru,

Any update?

Rowen

Friday, December 23, 2011 7:13 AM
  • Net start commands mentioned above may not work on client PCs
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:40 AM
  • hai,

I have exchange 2010 environment. One outlook client has configured as MAPI client. Outlook version is 2007. i can able to send/receive mails but i receive the below error message everytime

what is that issue?? please help

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004011D): 'The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this connection persists.'

Thanks Chandru CT. MCITP

Hi Chandru,

What is the status of the issue?

Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:45 AM