Hiding email folders on phone RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to hide on my iPhone the list of email folders, but still retain access to the folders on my desktop.  My concern is that if I lose my phone, somebody will be able to easily see all the email folders I have, some of which contain confidential work info.  Thank you!

Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:10 PM

All replies

• You didn't tell us what version, service pack, update rollup or cumulative update of Exchange you're running.  It kind of makes a difference on every question asked here.

Put a PIN on your phone.  If you lose it, wipe it.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, August 28, 2017 12:55 AM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, there's no such feature in Exchange server to "hide" email folders on phone.

However, the Exchange administrator or end user remain allow to manage activesync device if it lost, stolen or other compromised.
    We can disable those missing device by end user, or remote wipe as Ed mentioned above.

By the way, we can configure a mobile device policy to improve mobile security, for example: PasswordRequired, Password expiration, wipe a device after a specific number of failed password attempts.

More details, refer to: Mobile device mailbox policies.

Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 28, 2017 1:55 PM