none
Some Outlook 2010 signatures not working

Question

• Hi - I'm having an issue with Outlook 2010. A user has some signatures that do not work. When she trys to insert a particular signature, it never inserts. If I look under the signature settings, the signature is there. She has over 100 signatures for different responses, some work and some do not. I do not see any difference between the working sigs and the sigs that are not working. I running windows 7 enterprise 32 bit, Exchange 2003. I tried adding and removing a signature, same thing. When I add a new signature it never works either. When I try to insert it, nothing happens. So new signatures arent working either. Any help is appreciated.
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 5:42 PM

Answers

• 1. Could be corrupt MAPI profile.  Try to delete the profile and create again.

2. Try a repair/reinstall of Outlook.

3. Try another PC

4. Backup your signatures and try the above. - http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-outlook/archive/2008/07/11/how-do-i-back-up-my-signatures.aspx

5. Test via OWA, create a new sig and see what happens.

Sukh
    • Marked as answer by Jerome Xiong Monday, July 04, 2011 3:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:13 PM
  • Hi,

1. Are the signatures plain text signature? It always due to invalid character.

Signatures files are stored in the folder given below:

For Windows 7 and Windows Vista: drive:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures

Could you please delete the signature and try a new  plain text signature.

2. Run Outlook in safe mode, verify if the signatures work correctly in Outlook. If it does, disable the add-ins in Outlook 2010 using the setups given below:

1. Open Outlook

2. Click on File> Options> Add-ins

3. Click on ‘GO’ beside Manage – COM Add-ins and uncheck the add-ins > OK

4. Restart Outlook

3. If the problem still exists, Could you please try to create a new Outlook profile?

The Outlook forum would be the most relevant forum for your question.

Outlook IT Pro Discussions

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Jerome Xiong Monday, July 04, 2011 2:59 AM
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:11 AM

All replies

• 1. Could be corrupt MAPI profile.  Try to delete the profile and create again.

2. Try a repair/reinstall of Outlook.

3. Try another PC

4. Backup your signatures and try the above. - http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-outlook/archive/2008/07/11/how-do-i-back-up-my-signatures.aspx

5. Test via OWA, create a new sig and see what happens.

Sukh
    • Marked as answer by Jerome Xiong Monday, July 04, 2011 3:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:13 PM
  • Hi,

1. Are the signatures plain text signature? It always due to invalid character.

Signatures files are stored in the folder given below:

For Windows 7 and Windows Vista: drive:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures

Could you please delete the signature and try a new  plain text signature.

2. Run Outlook in safe mode, verify if the signatures work correctly in Outlook. If it does, disable the add-ins in Outlook 2010 using the setups given below:

1. Open Outlook

2. Click on File> Options> Add-ins

3. Click on ‘GO’ beside Manage – COM Add-ins and uncheck the add-ins > OK

4. Restart Outlook

3. If the problem still exists, Could you please try to create a new Outlook profile?

The Outlook forum would be the most relevant forum for your question.

Outlook IT Pro Discussions

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Jerome Xiong Monday, July 04, 2011 2:59 AM
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:11 AM