none
Windows 2019 essential page fault error and freezes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello support,

I have recently installed a Windows server 2019 (HPE ProLiant ml350 Gen 10) server.  What is installed on it are 1- program called TimeSlips, Datto Backup agent, APC power chute, Solar Winds agent with Bitdefender. 

1- SolarWind agent is giving me Non-paged memory performance issue.

2- Datto agent intermittently fails and i have to restart the server.  But it does not restart and it hangs until I manually shut down and turn on the server.

3- I contacted HP and all is good according to them.

I appreciate all your help. 

Jamshid

Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:26 PM

All replies

• Hello support,

I have recently installed a Windows server 2019 (HPE ProLiant ml350 Gen 10) server.  What is installed on it are 1- program called TimeSlips, Datto Backup agent, APC power chute, Solar Winds agent with Bitdefender. 

1- SolarWind agent is giving me Non-paged memory performance issue.

2- Datto agent intermittently fails and i have to restart the server.  But it does not restart and it hangs until I manually shut down and turn on the server.

3- I contacted HP and all is good according to them.

I appreciate all your help. 

Jamshid

Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:30 PM
  • These issues are the responsibility of the vendor to address, assuming they support the operating system they're installed on.

https://www.datto.com/support

https://customerportal.solarwinds.com/support/submit-a-ticket?sid=satsn

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:50 PM
  • HI

1 can you enter winver in command prompt on w2019 and look the os version and do you use server essentials 2019 in your hp physical machine ?
    2 There is limitaion about CPU and Memory(cpu maximum 2 sockets and memory 64 GB) on server essential. how much CPU and memory
    consumption about  Solar Winds agent and Datto Backup agent ?
    Memory Limits for Windows and Windows Server Releases
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/memory/memory-limits-for-windows-releases#physical-memory-limits-windows-server-2016
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-essentials/get-started/system-requirements
    3 can you create a dump and check where is problem ?
    How to generate a complete crash dump file or a kernel crash dump file by using an NMI on a Windows-based system
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/927069/how-to-generate-a-complete-crash-dump-file-or-a-kernel-crash-dump-file
    4 if you don't use Solar Winds agent and Datto Backup agent on WSE2019 ,will there be any problem ?
      if you only install Solar Winds agent or Datto Backup agent on wse2019 and not install other app ,will there be any problem ?
    5 is there more related log in eventlog about your issue ?
    event viewer\windows logs\
    application
    system
    6 did you check with software vendor if 
    Solar Winds agent and Datto Backup agent software can support server essentials 2019 ? 

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 26, 2019 10:56 AM
  • Hello Andy,

Thank you for assisting me. 

1- 1809-ods build 17763.678

2- i have one CPU and 32 GB of ram. how do i measure the memory consumption?

3- the minidump folder is empty.  how do i create a dump?

4- i have not tried that.  i can uninstall the Solar Winds not the Datto.  the frequency is every two or three days.

the Solar winds keep getting this error: The test Performance Monitoring Check - Memory recovered.<o:p></o:p>

More information : More information

5- one main issue is the system hangs and if i reboot it gets stuck at restart server. Can you send me link to send you event viewer. 

6- i did no issue that they have come across.

I appreciate your help.

Have a great day.

Jamshid<o:p></o:p>

Monday, August 26, 2019 7:51 PM
  • HI
    9"i have one CPU and 32 GB of ram. how do i measure the memory consumption?"
    Process Explorer can be used to monitor which porcess consume memory high.
    Process Explorer v16.26
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

8 " the minidump folder is empty.  how do i create a dump?"
    did you set the dump setting first on wse2019 like the picture then Configure the following settings to enable the a system crash using keyboard on problematical server:
    With USB keyboards, you must enable the keyboard-initiated crash in the registry. In the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\kbdhid\Parameters, create a value named CrashOnCtrlScroll, and set it equal to a REG_DWORD value of 0x01.
    You must restart the system for these settings to take effect.
    After this is completed, the keyboard crash can be initiated by using the following hotkey sequence: Hold down the rightmost CTRL key, and press the SCROLL LOCK key twice.

10 “one main issue is the system hangs and if i reboot it gets stuck at restart server. Can you send me link to send you event viewer.  ”
    in general ,there are some private information in event log .so if you can share the log picture to your onedrive or forum,you need to Block or remove the private information.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 3:12 PM
  • Hi Andy,

Thank you for assisting me.  i did not have the issue for 8 days then today i got the memory page fault error and i rebooted the server and it got stuck again and i had to turn the server off.  I downloaded and installed  the process explorer.  here is the information you requested.  I appreciateyour help.   

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:35 AM
  • HI
    8.1 can you set the dump setting first on wse2019 like above picture then Configure the following settings to enable the a system crash using keyboard on problematical server:
    With USB keyboards, you must enable the keyboard-initiated crash in the registry. In the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\kbdhid\Parameters, create a value named CrashOnCtrlScroll, and set it equal to a REG_DWORD value of 0x01.
    You must restart the system for these settings to take effect.
    After this is completed, the keyboard crash can be initiated by using the following hotkey sequence: Hold down the rightmost CTRL key, and press the SCROLL LOCK key twice.

how to create a crash dump ?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/927069/how-to-generate-a-complete-crash-dump-file-or-a-kernel-crash-dump-file
    11 if we can find which process memory abnormal ,we can also use process exploer to create a dump .
    Create Crash Dump with Process Explorer
    https://support.qlik.com/articles/000032549

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Sunday, September 8, 2019 3:51 AM
  • Hi Andy,

i was able to find the culprit. it was the Datto backup.  I appreciate all your help.

Please close the case.

Thanks,

Jamshid

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:45 AM
  • Good news, please don't forget to mark helpful replies as answer.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:51 AM