none
Exchange 2010 Submission Queue Filling Up RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Exchange 2010 box that has been running fine but started acting up yesterday.  The first indication that I had that anything was amiss is when I noticed that I wasn't receiving any email.  I sent a few test mesages from my gmail account and they didn't arrive.  I checked the submission queue and there are quite a few messages (including my test messages) sitting there.  How do I flush that queue?  The system isn't at a dead stop because s couple of my test messages have made it through.  Also, I have heard from others that they have received delay messages from their servers concerning messages sent to me.

I should mention that it does seem to be prcessing at least some of the messages because I am receiving a few of the messages sent yesterday but it is extremely slow.

Bert

• Edited by Bert Penney Tuesday, November 1, 2011 3:23 PM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 3:21 PM

Answers

• Well, I don't know what happened but the queue just emptied and everything's working fine again....

Bert

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 3:55 PM

All replies

• Restart the Microsoft Exchange Transport Service on the hub transports and see if that pops it.

There is also a mail submission service on the mbx servers but that is for messages sent from Exchange picked up by the Hubs.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 3:24 PM
  • I have tried that without success.  I did have some probelms with the transport service I forgot to mention:  For a while, I couldn't get it to start.  When I saw that, I assumed that that was my probem so when I did finally get that service to run, I figured my problems were over.  Not so, unfortunately.

I also tried sending myself a test message from myself and after a very long delay, it did make it.

This Exchange box is a VM on a hyperv box.  I have it configured to start 3 minutes after hyperv starts (to give a DC time to start) and then it has a full 5 minutes to itself before any other VMs start.  That cleared up the issue with services not starting but I do still have a queue with a bunch of messages that is growing.

Bert

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 3:36 PM
  • Well, I don't know what happened but the queue just emptied and everything's working fine again....

Bert

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 3:55 PM
  • If we restart  "Microsoft Exchange Transport Service" . Does it not removes messages which is already in submission queue?

Purushothama. S

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 2:39 PM