none
Does anyone know where this Build number gone? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys 

The build number of the exchange server 2010 SP3 Rollup 11 is 14.03.0266.002, while the following build number is what actually we have 14.03.0266.001, but this build number is not presented on the exchange server build number article by Microsoft.

Does anyone know where this Build number "14.03.0266.001" gone?

Cheers,

Mahmoud Hanafi

Senior Exchange|Lync Administrator

Blog: Twitter:   LinkedIn:   Facebook:

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Saturday, August 17, 2019 4:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

sorry if I fail to appreciate the importance of the problem but IMO your primary concern should be that your Exchange server apparently hasn't been patched in four years. 

Actually this is an error in the Docs because .001 is what the release notes of RU11 state: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/rmilne/2015/09/15/exchange-2010-sp3-ru11-released/

Evgenij Smirnov

http://evgenij.smirnov.de

Sunday, August 18, 2019 9:03 AM
  • Hi Mahmoud Hanafi,

I also test it in my lab:

From this article which is more detailed, we can know the Build number for Exchange 2010 SP3 RU 11 is "14.3.266.1"

Exchange Server and Update Rollup Build Numbers 

The version of RU 11 is too old, I would suggest you update it the lasted version of Exchange 2010. By the way, Exchange 2010 End of Support Is Coming, the best practices is plan to migrate it to a higher version of Exchange.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 23, 2019 6:45 AM
  • Hi Mahmoud Hanafi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 26, 2019 6:40 AM
  • My dear Evgenij,

It's matter of such mistakes may lead some to investigate without no reasons, according to their environment, in my case we have a legacy exchange farm in a hybrid setup with O365. 

Cheers,

Mahmoud Hanafi

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Monday, August 26, 2019 5:03 PM
  • Thanks for your reply, it seems there's a typo mistake in the article itself.

Cheers,

Mahmoud Hanafi

Monday, August 26, 2019 5:04 PM