none
OWA Exchange 2010 add users to e.g calendar in the OWA client

Question

• We have Exchange 2010 installed. Wihtin OWA I want to add a user to see my calendar or inbox.

Is this possible via the OWA interface; or is this only possible in the Outlook mapi client. ?

Regards

Peter

Friday, July 23, 2010 12:28 PM

Answers

• We have Exchange 2010 installed. Wihtin OWA I want to add a user to see my calendar or inbox.

Is this possible via the OWA interface; or is this only possible in the Outlook mapi client. ?

Regards

Peter

Hi,

It is only possible with outlook or directly on exchange server. There is no way to do this via OWA.

To set permissions on a target calendar so that it can be opened, you have one of 2 options:

1. Get the calendar owner to assign permissions to the calendar in Outlook.
    2. Set calendar permissions using powershell while logged on as an admin:
      Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity userA:\calendar -User userBr -AccessRights Reviewer
            Here UserB is being given permission on UserA mailbox calender.

Regards,

Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com
    Friday, July 23, 2010 12:46 PM
  • Calendar can be partially shared via OWA 2010

After right-click your calendar icon, select “Share This Calendar”, you can choose the following options to share:

·         Free/busy information

·         Free/busy information including subject and location

·         All information (Reviewer)

If user needs to grant more permission to other persons than above, please see the methods in Laeeq’s post

Exchange 2010: OWA versus OWA light

James Luo
    TechNet Subscriber Support (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/ms788697.aspx)
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:58 AM

All replies

Regards

Peter

Hi,

It is only possible with outlook or directly on exchange server. There is no way to do this via OWA.

To set permissions on a target calendar so that it can be opened, you have one of 2 options:

1. Get the calendar owner to assign permissions to the calendar in Outlook.
    2. Set calendar permissions using powershell while logged on as an admin:
      Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity userA:\calendar -User userBr -AccessRights Reviewer
            Here UserB is being given permission on UserA mailbox calender.

Regards,

Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com
    Friday, July 23, 2010 12:46 PM
  • Calendar can be partially shared via OWA 2010

After right-click your calendar icon, select “Share This Calendar”, you can choose the following options to share:

·         Free/busy information

·         Free/busy information including subject and location

·         All information (Reviewer)

If user needs to grant more permission to other persons than above, please see the methods in Laeeq’s post

Exchange 2010: OWA versus OWA light

James Luo
    TechNet Subscriber Support (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/ms788697.aspx)
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:58 AM