none
ipam connectivity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a windows 2016 ipam server. I deleted a dhcp server because it is blocked. When I try to add it again it says

"addition of this server is not permissible as the server is already available in the ipam database". How can I add it back?

Second question is this dhcp server is Managed but is blocked. It's DHCP RPC access status is blocked. GPO is already applied and group membership also is applied by default. I am wondering if this could be firewall related. What are the ports needed for ipam <-> dhcp communication?

Thanks!

Janus

Thursday, November 28, 2019 5:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>I deleted a dhcp server because it is blocked. When I try to add it again it says

Did you delete the DHCP server clearly?

Please refer the following article about delete a DHCP server in IPAM:

https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Remove-DHCP-server-from-IPAM

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

>>It's DHCP RPC access status is blocked.

If you are running the IPAM and DHCP roles on the same server, you will need to do the following steps for IPAM to discover the local DHCP service. 

-  Add the Network Service account to the DHCP Users group - Add the Network Service account to the share permissions for the "dhcpaudit" share

For more details about “a dhcp server because it is blocked in ipam”, you can have a look at the similar thread:

IPAM DHCP RPC Access status Blocked

>>What are the ports needed for ipam <-> dhcp communication?

Network Firewall has been set as below :

DHCP server to IPAM server: 49152 -65535 TCP and 135 TCP/UDP.

IPAM Server to DHCP server: 135 TCP/UDP.

If it doesn’t work, you can disable firewall on both DHCP server and IPAM server sides and audit if it works.

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Have a nice day!

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:31 AM
  • >> Did you delete the DHCP server clearly? Please refer the following article about delete a DHCP server in IPAM:

https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Remove-DHCP-server-from-IPAM

No I have a windows server 2016 ipam. I just right click on the server then delete.

>>If you are running the IPAM and DHCP roles on the same server, you will need to do the following steps for IPAM to discover the local DHCP service. 

Windows iPam and Windows DHCP server are of different machines.

Thursday, November 28, 2019 2:48 PM
  • Hi,

>>No I have a windows server 2016 ipam. I just right click on the server then delete

What do you mean about this? Do you deleta a ipam server or a DHCP server?

If you have deleted a DHCP server and then the error occurred, I advise you to check the ipam database that if the dhcp server is deleted clearly.

And have you try the method I listed?

>>Windows iPam and Windows DHCP server are of different machines.

This is a "if" situation. And you said the two are on different machines, then please try the second method: disable firewall on both IPAM server and DHCP server.

Have a nice day!

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 2, 2019 8:53 AM
  • How do I look at the database if the dhcp server is deleted properly? Because I cannot add the dhcp server I deleted.
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:50 AM
  • Hi,

You can run the command: Get-IpamDatabase to get configuration settings for the IPAM database.

About more information, please refer the following link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/ipamserver/get-ipamdatabase?view=win10-ps

To delete the DHCP server, you can run the command: Remove-IpamDhcpConfigurationEvent to remove events from the database.

Please refer the following link for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/ipamserver/get-ipamdhcpconfigurationevent?view=win10-ps

Have a nice day!

Ellen

Thursday, December 5, 2019 3:11 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking the current situation of your problem.

Was your issue resolved?

Best regards,

Ellen

Friday, December 6, 2019 3:18 AM