none
Exchange 2010 OWA Options Access Denied RRS feed

  • Question

  • I recently upgraded from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010. The Exchange 2003 servers are off and everything is working great except for one problem. When anyone tries to access to Options in OWA they get the access denied screen that is built into Exchange 2010. It does this to everyone even admins. In the Exchange Management Console everything for OWA is set to Enabled. I did several google searches but nothing is coming up.

    Monday, March 15, 2010 7:47 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

    It looks like the ECP directory is broken, this can be done using the commands below:

    Remove-EcpVirtualDirectory -Identity "Server01\ecp (default Web site)"
    New-EcpVirtualDirectory -Identity "Server01\ecp (default Web site)"

    Regards,

    Johan
    Exchange-blog: www.johanveldhuis.nl
    • Marked as answer by Xiu Zhang Monday, March 29, 2010 6:23 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by foodstuffs Saturday, April 24, 2010 5:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by foodstuffs Saturday, April 24, 2010 5:43 PM
    Monday, March 15, 2010 9:29 PM
  • Hi,

    Please try to use get-managementroleassignment -roleassignee user |fl role to check if it has mybaseoption role assigned.

    Regards,
    Xiu
    • Marked as answer by Xiu Zhang Monday, March 29, 2010 6:23 AM
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:32 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    It looks like the ECP directory is broken, this can be done using the commands below:

    Remove-EcpVirtualDirectory -Identity "Server01\ecp (default Web site)"
    New-EcpVirtualDirectory -Identity "Server01\ecp (default Web site)"

    Regards,

    Johan
    Exchange-blog: www.johanveldhuis.nl
    • Marked as answer by Xiu Zhang Monday, March 29, 2010 6:23 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by foodstuffs Saturday, April 24, 2010 5:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by foodstuffs Saturday, April 24, 2010 5:43 PM
    Monday, March 15, 2010 9:29 PM
  • Hi,

    Please try to use get-managementroleassignment -roleassignee user |fl role to check if it has mybaseoption role assigned.

    Regards,
    Xiu
    • Marked as answer by Xiu Zhang Monday, March 29, 2010 6:23 AM
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:32 AM
  • I recreated the ECP Virtual Directory and it fixed it for everyone else but me. I used the command that you mentioned and found that everyone else has roles assigned, when I try my name, nothing comes up at all. Just blank.

    Saturday, April 24, 2010 5:43 PM
  • Actually it did work, I did not give it enough time. It works for everyone but me. I think my account is corrupt since I have no roles assigned.
    Saturday, April 24, 2010 5:44 PM
  • I finally got my account to work, I found that when I went into AD, my account's attributes for msExchRBACPolicyLink was blank, I copied the values from another user and then when I used the get-managementroleassignment -roleassignee user |fl role command and I finally had stuff there. Now it works perfectly

     

    Thank you both for your help!

    Saturday, April 24, 2010 6:02 PM
  • Hi,

    I clicked on Options in the Web App and either nothing happens or it throw me back to the log in page.

    I run the command and all roles are assigned. I am tempted to run the Remove/recreate command but not sure it I should. Please advise

    Friday, February 11, 2011 11:48 PM
  • This worked for me, but after replacing themes and scripts with the ones from Exchange 2010 CD, and adjusting authentication in IIS and links in the EMC. My isuue happened after upgrading the rollup2 SP1
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 6:02 PM
  • Taking this a bit further, we had mailboxes in our environment whose users were receiving the "Sorry! Access denied! You don't have permission..." error when clicking the "See All Options" link in Outlook Web App. Based on this post, I noted that the cmdlet below (as mentioned in Xiu Zhang's reply) didn't return any results for users reporting the problem.

    Get-ManagementRoleAssignment -RoleAssignee mymailbox | ft

    While for  users who didn't report the problem, the above cmdlet returned the following:

    Role
    ----
    MyBaseOptions
    MyVoiceMail
    MyTextMessaging

    Next question was how to get the roles assigned. Searching around a bit, I noted the "RoleAssignmentPolicy" property of Exchange 2010 mailboxes and noticed that the problem mailboxes did not have a RoleAssignmentPolicy applied while working mailboxes had the "Default Role Assignment Policy" applied. Thus the fix was to run the cmdlet below on broken mailboxes:

    set-mailbox mymailbox -RoleAssignmentPolicy 'Default Role Assignment Policy'

    Monday, March 12, 2012 10:42 PM
  • Tank you very very very very Much Its works very well...................

    Saturday, October 6, 2012 9:19 AM
  • I recently upgraded from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010. The Exchange 2003 servers are still online and everything is working great except for one problem. When anyone tries to access to Options in OWA they get the access denied screen that is built into Exchange 2010. It does this to everyone even admins. In the Exchange Management Console everything for OWA is set to Enabled. I did several google searches but nothing is coming up.


    Friday, August 8, 2014 8:08 AM