none
Cross domain User level group policy RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have one query please provide suggestions from your end.

Please find the below scenario and let me know

I have a Forest domain A.com and two child domains X.A.com and Y.A.com , I will login to Y.A.com domain machine using X.A.com User credential , Please let me know whether the user level policies are applied on X.A.com will apply or not when he logged into Y.A.com machine.

If yes please let me know whether only some of the policies will apply or all the user level configuration policies?

Please suggest me.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 7:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for sharing here!

I did a test in my lab,test user u1 logon to workstation in the same forest but belong to another domain (2 way Transferable trust by default ), the user policy applied too by default.

If the policy is across-forest , then you need to enable the policy :AllowCross-Forest User Policy and Roaming User Profiles (located in Administrative Templates\System\Group Policy).

For more information ,you can refer to the following link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2008-R2-and-2008/cc727296(v=ws.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Best Regards,
    Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for sharing here!

I did a test in my lab,test user u1 logon to workstation in the same forest but belong to another domain (2 way Transferable trust by default ), the user policy applied too by default.

If the policy is across-forest , then you need to enable the policy :AllowCross-Forest User Policy and Roaming User Profiles (located in Administrative Templates\System\Group Policy).

For more information ,you can refer to the following link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2008-R2-and-2008/cc727296(v=ws.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Best Regards,
    Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 1:59 AM
  • Thanks for clarifying my doubt flingmin

Thursday, July 2, 2020 10:53 AM