none
eDiscovery results missing the "To:" field on the first email in a thread RRS feed

• Question

• I've run 8 different searches in ediscovery and exported to pst for a current litigation. Everything worked fine except one strange issue. 

In an email thread the To: field is missing from the first email in the thread. 

This is the first time we've had to use the eDiscovery tool so it's completely possible i'm doing something wrong but there aren't a lot of settings that would seemingly point to this issue. 

Exchange 2016

Monday, April 15, 2019 12:20 PM

All replies

• Hi RDonovan,

You can refer to the following article to create an In-Place eDiscovery search, it provides a detailed step-by-step guide,  and then check if the same issue persists:

Create an In-Place eDiscovery search in Exchange Server

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 2:58 AM
  • Thank you but creating the search wasn't an issue. The results were. I followed that guide when the searches were created. 
    Friday, April 19, 2019 12:28 PM
  • Hi RDonovan,

I have tested in my lab,  did you mean that the first email like below: 

If any misunderstanding, i'd recommend you capture a screenshot and post here, that would help us understand your issue clearly.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:48 AM