Stop Service Link 2010
    Move database to another server
    Set-CsConfigurationStoreLocation

Will this plan work?

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 11:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• Alex.

Your process will not work as described, there is more to it.

This should help:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/nexthop/archive/2010/12/20/change-a-pool-database-instance-when-the-pool-hosts-the-central-management-server.aspx

Mark

Mark King | MVP: Lync Server | MCTS:UC Voice | MCSE: Messaging | MCITP:Enterprise Messaging | www.unplugthepbx.com
    • Marked as answer by Alex Sushin Wednesday, February 2, 2011 4:22 PM
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 2:52 PM
  • Hi Mark,

That link only describes steps for Standard Edition, will it work for Enterprise Edition?

Daud

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 12:29 PM
  • I'm looking for the same thing.  We have two front-end servers, archive/monitoring server, and a separate SQL Backend Server.  We want to move to a completely new SQL server, what are the steps for that process?  Above answers look to only be for Standard Edition.  I can't seem to find the answer.

d
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:22 PM
  • I read the blog as referring to Enterprise, but it says you need to go via an SE server to migrate the CMS database. this is because you can only migrate a CMS database to a different pool or SE, hence the hop to a different SE as an intermediate step. So, it should cover your needs.

I am hoping to perform a similar task. However, as I have two pools I am hoping to migrate one pool at a time and move the users between pools to minimise impact.

Jed

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:07 PM
  • I have successfully moved Lync databases to new server, using a temp lync server and temp sql server and some powershell commands.

http://www.vatland.no/post.aspx?id=0c91fb9e-14f1-45db-a415-49097c09e709

Rgds Atle

Corrected link to document.

• Edited by AtleVa Saturday, February 4, 2012 11:27 AM Correction
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 10:55 AM
  • I tried to move all Lync databases from a phisical SQL to its virtual clone using P2V method and it didn't work. Also I tried to move databases from the original server to a new server with same IP, netbios name and SQL istance name and didn't work. Any reason for this behaviour ? I expected that at least P2V conversion had to work..

Regards

marco

Friday, October 14, 2011 11:35 PM
  • Will these steps work for moving Lync 2013 SQL databases from virtual servers to physical servers?
    Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:29 PM