none
using exchnage server on different SMTP port can use blackberry

Question

• i have one exchnage server 2010, working fine. but the problem i am getting now is my ISP block 25 port.

If i setup exchnage 2010 on different SMTP port (not 25)

1. can i still use exchnage with my black berry or not?

Thanks

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 12:05 PM

Answers

• BES will connect  to Exchange via MAPI and route out to RIMs servers via port 3101 so BES won't use SMTP. 

Exchange will require SMTP unless you change the default port.  I would contact your ISP and ask them to open port 25. 

SF - MCITP:EMA, MCTS: Exchange 2010, Exchange 2007, MOSS 2007, OCS 2007 -- http://www.scottfeltmann.com
    Wednesday, July 07, 2010 4:19 PM

All replies

• Hello Irshad,

Do you have blackberry in your own domain? if that is the case you should not be worried about changing SMTP port as communication between blackberry and Exchange is on MAPI. but if you change the SMTP port then you may not receive internet mail. Check with your ISP and open port 25.

Thanks

Bharani

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 12:24 PM
  • Thanks Dear

yes i have my own domain, but my concern is if i use different port , does my black berry will be sync with my exchnage server ?

Thanks

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 2:36 PM
  • BES will connect  to Exchange via MAPI and route out to RIMs servers via port 3101 so BES won't use SMTP. 

Exchange will require SMTP unless you change the default port.  I would contact your ISP and ask them to open port 25. 

SF - MCITP:EMA, MCTS: Exchange 2010, Exchange 2007, MOSS 2007, OCS 2007 -- http://www.scottfeltmann.com
    Wednesday, July 07, 2010 4:19 PM
  • Hi,

If your ISP block your port 25, you will miss lots of emails, since 25 is the default port for remote server to connect. You need to contact your ISP to deal with it.

For BlackBerry issue, I would suggest you write the question in a BlackBerry server forum.

Thanks,

Elvis  

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 9:05 AM