none
32-Bit Trial ?

Answers

• Hi Eesi, 

At this time, there is no 32 bit trial version of Exchange 2010. 

Gary A. Cooper | Senior Systems Architect | MCA:Exchange2003 | MCM:Exchange2003/2007 | Horizons Consulting, Inc. | Wk +1.618.498.6744
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 1:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Eesi, 

At this time, there is no 32 bit trial version of Exchange 2010. 

Gary A. Cooper | Senior Systems Architect | MCA:Exchange2003 | MCM:Exchange2003/2007 | Horizons Consulting, Inc. | Wk +1.618.498.6744
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 1:26 PM
  • May I know why are you looking for 32bit edition? Most of the current desktop/laptop range processors from Intel, like C2D support Intel 64 architecture (EM64T) and Intel VT techonology. You can verify it on Intel site for your Processor model.

I am running 64bit guest operating system in VMWare on my 32bit Vista host OS. All together you need look for Virtualization Technology (VT) option in BIOS and enable it. If you don’t have any option to set, you may need to look for newer version of BIOS from manufacturer of your laptop/desktop in case it is suppored in it.

Enjoy testing Exchange 2010 beta!!! :)

Amit Tank | MVP - Exchange | MCITP:EMA MCSA:M | http://ExchangeShare.WordPress.com
    • Proposed as answer by binutvm Sunday, August 7, 2011 9:17 AM
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 3:18 PM
  • ... because I am using Virtual Server 2005 SP1 64-Bit edition on a 64-Bit host and Virtual Server does not support 64-Guest Systems. Some kind of funny.
    I know that Hyper-V can do it but that's not an option in the moment.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 3:43 PM
  • I really wish to see if we can have the 32 bit exchange server beta, it helps to run it with a lower memory foot print when it runs on a 32 bit Windows server base.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 3:52 PM
  • Hi Ritesh,

Sorry, there are currently no plans to release a 32bit beta build infact there are no plans to release a 32bit product at RTM.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 4:16 PM
  • "The 32-bit version of Exchange 2010, which requires an Intel Pentium or compatible 800-megahertz (MHz) or faster 32-bit processor, is provided for testing and training environments only. It is not supported for production environments. In production environments, you must install the 64-bit version of Exchange 2010."

This is taken from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996719(EXCHG.140).aspx
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 5:08 PM
  • "The 32-bit version of Exchange 2010, which requires an Intel Pentium or compatible 800-megahertz (MHz) or faster 32-bit processor, is provided for testing and training environments only. It is not supported for production environments. In production environments, you must install the 64-bit version of Exchange 2010."

This is taken from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996719(EXCHG.140).aspx

Page is wrong and has been reported to MS. :) [....or :( depending on how you look at it I guess...]
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:15 PM
  • Yes, that page is already fixed in a later build.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 12:40 AM
  • Hi Scott,

That page is still there as of 2 mins ago on the Exchange 2010 System Requirements page.So lots of IT pros out there will be looking for the so called "download". i was googling it for a full 1/2 hour as I expected it to be release just like we had on E2k7. Can that be updated asap - would sure save lots of ppl alot of time knowing it's not out there ;).

:( wish it was there though..for testing purposes

Merve
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 3:52 AM
  • Sorry, I should have been clearer.  The live online page will unfortunately remain unchanged for a while.  The build we posted as the Beta is not the latest internal build.  We've fixed the page in the product (in the latest internal build), but it will be a while before we can post the correction to the page).

So the page will remain as is for a bit.  I'm going to see if we can turn on the topic annotation feature that we have for the Exchange 2007 content, and if so, we can then make an annotation to the page to let folks know it is available in 64-bit only.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 3:47 PM
  • ... because my main computer is a Fujitsu Lifebook T4210 which does not support VT :-( Since it is only 1 1/2 years old I can hardly justify it to throw it into the garbage bin now and buy a new one just for testing Exchange 2010 ;-)

Well, it looks like I have to find somebody who wants to buy a used Tablet PC and I am going to shop around for a new model (loosing quite some money, tough). Hope that the next laptop will last longer than 1 1/2 years ;-)

Cheers,

Sig Weber
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 10:23 PM
  • So, how are we planning to implement export-mailbox?.. technet says this feature is not available yet (http://technet.microsoft.com/hi-in/library/dd335219(en-us,EXCHG.140).aspx)... I believe as per exchange 2007 export-mailbox cmdlet; can be run only from 32bit console for which we need 32 bit client machine where we can install EMC and perform task.... So if we are not releasing 32bit then, i believe this feature can be done directly from Exchange server iteself :)

-A
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 5:32 PM
  • You will need to use the next version of Outlook - Outlook 2010 (aka Outlook 14), which will be released in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

Henrik Walther Exchange MVP | MCM: E2K7 | MCITP: EMA/EA | MCSE: M+S - MSExchange.org
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:31 PM
  • You will need to use the next version of Outlook - Outlook 2010 (aka Outlook 14), which will be released in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

Henrik Walther Exchange MVP | MCM: E2K7 | MCITP: EMA/EA | MCSE: M+S - MSExchange.org

Hi,
    i've mentioned that before.

in 14 will be possible export mailboxes usin' 64bit.
    Marco Enxuto, Lisbon, Amadora, Portugal
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 9:24 PM
  • Easi,

Unfortunately there is no plan for a 32 bit version and neither E 14 is supported on MS Virtual server or Virtual PC.
    The only option is to install VMWare and play with a 64 bit W2K8.

We can hope to get a 32 bit version out and that would be great....

Regarding Export Mailbox, E14 is back with a GUI rather than Cmdlet....

Ratish
    Monday, April 20, 2009 5:39 AM
  • Easi,

Unfortunately there is no plan for a 32 bit version and neither E 14 is supported on MS Virtual server or Virtual PC.
    The only option is to install VMWare and play with a 64 bit W2K8.

We can hope to get a 32 bit version out and that would be great....

Regarding Export Mailbox, E14 is back with a GUI rather than Cmdlet....

Ratish
    Otherwise you can use Hyper-v V2 (W2k8 R2 Beta) , works fine and stable.
    Regards,
    Albert Frick

MCSE+S; MCITP:SA,EA; MCITP: EMA Switzerland
    Monday, April 20, 2009 3:48 PM
  • Deleted
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:28 AM
  • I would also appreciate to have a 32-Bit trial, because I don´t have a 64-Bit machine available at home to try. To demonstrate the new features and to give a fair impression a 32-Bit would be sufficient I think. This is all just about testing and getting a feeling for 2010, not for production, so where should be the problem?

Kind regards
    Peter Dost
    Germany
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 7:31 AM
  • The problem is probably the number of 32-bit installations of 2K7 running as a live environment out there........
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:45 PM
  • It's not a microsoft technology, but I have had good luck using Sun's VirtualBox on my Vista x64 laptop. It allows me to do x64 hosts, plus it does support both audio and USB.

My standard disclaimer applies.
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 8:09 PM
  • @A5H
    I don't think those installations which are not supportet are the problem. People who run the 32 Bit version in a productive environment have many other problems... First of all, they would be expected to learn to RTFM!

Thursday, April 23, 2009 2:19 PM
  • i understand and appreciate the non production on the 32bit platform, however one small thing that would be nice would be the development of the management tools on the 32bit platform at least.

Ultan Kinahan
    • Proposed as answer by TM-naiman Monday, April 26, 2010 11:41 PM
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:36 AM
  • Thing for me is not so much the management tools. There are so many ways round that.
    For example - x64 MGMT Terminal Server, X64 client which most people will surely start using with Win 7, or at worse using remote powershell.

The thing which is going to be a problem will be the lack of ability to import and export given the need for x64 Outlook which won't be available until O14 ships.
    Nathan Winters - Checkout the Messaging and Mobility User Group: http://www.mmmug.co.uk
    • Proposed as answer by TM-naiman Monday, April 26, 2010 11:41 PM
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:53 AM
  • Thing for me is not so much the management tools. There are so many ways round that.
    For example - x64 MGMT Terminal Server, X64 client which most people will surely start using with Win 7, or at worse using remote powershell.

The thing which is going to be a problem will be the lack of ability to import and export given the need for x64 Outlook which won't be available until O14 ships.
    Nathan Winters - Checkout the Messaging and Mobility User Group: http://www.mmmug.co.uk

I'll have to double check but with PowerShell Remote now you can actually do the export and import cmdlets on the servers or from a client, it doesnt require Outlook anymore to be installed. It was during one of the webcast I'd have to listen to them again to see which one.

They talked about PoSH remote being able to get around the limitations of needing a x86 Management tools etc which makes sense. Another things being it uses remote is when you do the move mailbox you can do it from your client computer and it will move from MB server to MB server rather than routing through your client like 2003 would do.

I'll look over the Webcast and see if I can find out which one and the time that it was talked about.
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 2:46 PM
  • Hello Amit ,

How is this virtualization technology option enables in BIOS ? please guide me.

Sunday, August 7, 2011 9:17 AM