none
SIMPLE OFFICE NETWORKING RRS feed

• Question

• Ladies, Gents...Hope the day finds you well.

A little advice if you please?

Small Office - Me & Three Computers - All Running Windows 10 PRO. 

From any computer you can see all three computers in the Network Window.

From Computer A I can get into Computer B or Computer C. From Computer B I can get into Computer C. From Computer C I can get into Computer B.

From Computer B and Computer C I can ping Computer A with NO Data loss. From neither Computer B or Computer C can I access Computer A. I have gone over "settings" for two days. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:39 PM

All replies

• Hi DaCrab,

There are a few things I would recommend trying first. Please run through these steps on the machine you are unable to access over the network.

1. If you go into Network and Sharing Center and then Advanced sharing settings, can you please confirm your current profile has "File and printer sharing" set to "Turn on file and printer sharing".

2. Disable your antivirus and firewall, then test again.

Hopefully this helps,

Dillon Sykes

Dillon Sykes

Blog: https://www.dillonsykes.com
    Twitter: @DillonSykesNZ
    LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dillonsykes/

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:07 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting in our forum!

As I understand, you question is about three computers in a LAN, and the computer A is not connecting with B and C. If I misunderstand, please let me know.

Based on my knowledge, you can turn on the network discovery.

1.       Open the “Control panel”

2.       Open “Networking and Sharing Center”

3.       Open “Advanced sharing setting”

4.       Extend “Domain” and select “Turn on network discovery”.

For more information, you can refer to this article:

https://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Local-Area-Network-(LAN)

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:07 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the information provided should be helpful.

If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up.

You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

Good luck!

Ellen

Friday, September 27, 2019 1:45 AM