none
Limited Access when connect to Wifi on Window Server 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone, i have a problem with wifi conection and i think it so strange.
    I install window server 2012 r2 on my laptop and then active wireless LAN service follow this guide https://www.niallbrady.com/2012/09/01/how-can-i-manually-enable-wireless-networking-in-windows-server-2012/

it work ok but when i try connect to wifi, it always noticet that connection limited and wifi is broadcasted by modem. The strangeness here is when i connect to wifi is broadcasted by Macbook is actualy ok, who can help me solve this prolem ?.
    Sorry for my bad english, Thanks so much.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 7:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Andy_Pan,

I install window server 2012 on my real laptop, my problem not solve untill i install window 8 by Hyper-V and suddenly i connect to wifi nomally @@  i really don't know how it work . thanks you

Thursday, May 12, 2016 8:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try to install the updated driver which belongs to your manufacture hardware. 

Or else let us know the Manufacture Make & Model no. ill try to search and provide you the link.

Thank,s

Prasad S

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 7:55 AM
  • I really did it after install window but it still not work, thanks for your help
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:06 AM
  • Hi MinhDoan,

>>The strangeness here is when i connect to wifi is broadcasted by Macbook is actualy ok, who can help me solve this prolem ?.

Did this server 2012 R2 installed on host or VMs?

If it was installed on VMs, you need to correct configure the network, see figure below:

Besides, please post a detailed ipconfig /all here, for further assistance after you connect to the wireless.

Best regards,

Andy_Pan

Thursday, May 12, 2016 2:44 AM
  • Hi Andy_Pan,

I install window server 2012 on my real laptop, my problem not solve untill i install window 8 by Hyper-V and suddenly i connect to wifi nomally @@  i really don't know how it work . thanks you

Thursday, May 12, 2016 8:59 AM
  • Hi MinhDoan,

Thanks for your feedback.

>>I install window server 2012 on my real laptop, my problem not solve untill i install window 8 by Hyper-V and suddenly i connect to wifi nomally @@  i really don't know how it work

I suppose the major issue was caused due to wireless driver.

As we known that, win8 is corresponding to server 2012.But the client's network driver is not always suitable for server's network card.

So, if you install the windows server on real laptop, the drivers might be the most major issues.

Best regards,

Andy_Pan

Friday, May 13, 2016 1:58 AM
  • Now i am facing the same issue with my wifi has limited access so can you please tell me how can i this problem will be solved

Sunday, June 28, 2020 8:59 PM