none
Transport Rule problems - max length is too long RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a transport rule on Exchange 2007 and mirrored on 2010. 

It basically has the following logic:

If user in inside the org

and when "TO" contains "domain1.com"

send "delievry not authorised" to sender

except when the message is from "there are 60 internal users specified"

or when the "TO" contains "there are 80 domain1.com email addresses here"

When I try to add more exceptions to the rule I get the error listed below:

The length of the property is too long. The maximum length is 8192 and the length of the value provided is 8297

I have searched but cannot find anyone else with the same issue - has anyone any ideas what I can do to remedy this?

Many thanks!

Anyone any ideas what I can do?  I cannot

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 4:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Lloyd,

its looking that llimit is 8192, Because 8k is ideal size for AD replication packet. You can split the large rule into multiple rules .

Please refer same link where i got this information:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/ea0339ff-b9cf-43cf-bf7d-3c4bf4c03e0d/

Anil
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 4:31 PM
  • Hi Lloyd,

Above gave some good information, I would create some DL and add the email addresses as a memeber of the DL, but not need to add all the member's addresses.

Regards!
    Gavin
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Lloyd,

its looking that llimit is 8192, Because 8k is ideal size for AD replication packet. You can split the large rule into multiple rules .

Please refer same link where i got this information:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/ea0339ff-b9cf-43cf-bf7d-3c4bf4c03e0d/

Anil
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 4:31 PM
  • Hi Lloyd,

Above gave some good information, I would create some DL and add the email addresses as a memeber of the DL, but not need to add all the member's addresses.

Regards!
    Gavin
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:02 AM