How do I determine my ConnectionURI in Exchange 2008r2 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to connect to my Exchange Server with PSSession and I keep getting an error message that it can not bind to the server. Is the URI the FQDN or something different? I can not find a certificate on the exchange server, could this be why I cannot bind to it?
    Tuesday, September 12, 2017 9:55 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Steven,

To better understand your situation, I'd like to confirm some more detailed information with you.
    1.Your Exchange server version.
    2.A screenshot of the cmdlet you run and the complete error message you got in Exchange Management Shell.

A SSL certificate is required to be bound to IIS in an Exchange server and its SAN must include the server's FQDN. In the Default Web Site, the certificate is bound for HTTPS Port 443. In Exchange 2013 and Exchange 2016, a certificate that matches server's FQDN is also required to be bound to the Exchange Back End website for HTTPS Port 444. It is suggested the Exchange Back End certificate bound for 444 always is configured to use the self-signed certificate. 

Please let me know 3: if there is any certificate that can be selected in the SSL Certificate field. If no, you can create a self-signed certificate for the configuration in Exchange admin center referring to https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351057(v=exchg.160).aspx

Moreover, please also check the virtual directory settings especially for PowerShell. The default settings are covered in this blog: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mvpawardprogram/2013/03/18/virtual-directories-exchange-2013/. If there is any misconfiguration, you can change it to the default.

Regards,

Alex Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alex Sun MS Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:15 PM
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 8:16 AM
  • Hi Steven,

Have you checked the information above? Please let us know if you have any update.

Regards,

Alex Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 18, 2017 1:53 AM