Exchange 2007 to 2013 Hybrid Upgrade - Seeking service packs or advice RRS feed

• Question

• Morning all.

I will try to abbreviate my request/question/needs/in need of advice.  A customer who we have managed their technical needs for many years is in need of some TLC - urgently.  I assumed this customers needs, after a coworker left our company.  Needless to say, I seek out some advice.

Their environment is fairly straight forward, however they have antiquated software and services I have been ramping up to migrate.  They have an old Windows 2008 R2 server, one of their older DC's.   Downside is, this physical server has been carrying a large load.   I have moved as much as I could from this DC to VM's - which now leaves me with Exchange 2007 remaining.   As I prepared a Exchange 2013 VM - it was determined that the Exchange 2007 has never been updated (best I can tell).  Migration documentation reports Exchange 2007 needs SP3 with a specific rollout (I don't remember exactly which rollout).

Our Microsoft partner hinted at migrating 2007 straight to the cloud.   I have read pros and cons.   Hence the Exchange 2013 Hybrid path.   I am not an Exchange person, but I am learning.

My problem has been finding service packs for Exchange 2007 - so unless someone can offer up another suggestion or advice, how does one obtain these service packs, so I can move forward with the Exchange/Office365 upgrade/migration?

Thank you in advance

Terry

Sunday, May 24, 2020 1:34 PM

All replies

• Hi

If you have a TAM with Microsoft, best to reach out to them and ask Microsoft for the SP or log a call with Microsoft?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, May 24, 2020 5:41 PM