quickbooks pro 2010 stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• installed quickbooks pro 2010 december 2009 on compaq laptop operated by vista.  worked fine until mid june 2010 when i could not open the software.  tried reinstalling to no avail.  contacted qb customer service 5 times and spoke to 5 different personnel located in india, bulgaria and phillipines and received 5 different explanations for this problem and not one could resolve it (7 hours on sunday and another 1 hour monday).  I tried installing from cd, then downloaded from website and then did a hard install and nothing worked.  I was told that something was wrong with my windows installer which was why I could not install.  Could not uninstall nonworking qb 2010 from my laptop, so I manually deleted 2010 and installed qb 2009 which installed without a problem but I cannot access my backup files since they were created by qb 2010.  Qb customer service says this is not their problem and state that qb 2010 works fine.  However, when i googled this problem, I encountered many users who have the same problem with no help from customer service.

Does anyone have a clue what is wrong and how I can resolve this.

Thanks

Does anyone have

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 11:13 PM

Answers

• Please perform a clean installation of QuickBooks and then reinstall 2010 to see if the issue can be resolved: Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks and its installation files (Clean Install)

Also, install this QuickBooks update package: What's new in QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Simple Start 2010 and Enterprise 10.0

Can QuickBooks Pro 2010 be installed successfully? If not, could you please provide the exact wording of the error message?

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, July 5, 2010 8:36 AM
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Not sure whether the answer I have will help or you think I am barking up the proverbial tree but I will give it a go.... In the month on June a similar thing happened to my sons dsi xl the new one and a friends; they use an R4i card for rom gams and films and on power up it saw the card but the software wouldn't boot. Worked fine in May so tried to reinstall the software nothing then the penny dropped, I changed the system date back to May and it worked. Reading websites it was down to the American dating system and how they reverse the day and month....kowing that Quickbooks is American based its worth a shot just to see..! We run WinXL and have just purchased at Christmas a Win7 for the business but only have Quickbooks Pro 2005; we cannot get this to run which I guessed would be the case, know there are lots of mods to do but thought we would wait for 2010, we will most likely get it and we will monitor what ours is like. Pickeringman
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 8:28 AM
  • Please perform a clean installation of QuickBooks and then reinstall 2010 to see if the issue can be resolved: Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks and its installation files (Clean Install)

Also, install this QuickBooks update package: What's new in QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Simple Start 2010 and Enterprise 10.0

Can QuickBooks Pro 2010 be installed successfully? If not, could you please provide the exact wording of the error message?

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, July 5, 2010 8:36 AM
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 8:52 AM
  • Update QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
    In-product update
    From the QuickBooks drop-down menu, select Check for QuickBooks Updates.
    If a newer version is available, select Install Update.
    When prompted, select Install and Relaunch.
    When the update is complete, QuickBooks for Mac automatically opens.
    Friday, June 12, 2020 12:30 PM