How to get all the distribution lists a user is member of using EWS Managed API RRS feed

• Question

• I am building a asp.net application and want to find all distribution lists a user is member of and display on the the page. How this can be done using EWS Managed API?
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• EWS wont give you details about group membership of a users (it also wont return extra properties from Active Directory like you could in Mapi). A few things that you can do in EWS is expand a group using the expandGroup operation http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exchange/microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.exchangeservice.expandgroup%28v=exchg.80%29.aspx.

The other thing you can do with Groups if you have Exchange 2010 is take advantage of any of the MailTip operations.

For what you want to do you would be better to use LDAP directory to lookup Active directory and get the group membership or if you really wanted to use an Exchange API look at using the Exchange Management Shell cmdlets

Cheers
    Glen

Thursday, November 22, 2012 6:28 AM
  • Thnks! I finally end up using Active Directory queries in my .Net Application.
    Monday, December 24, 2012 6:11 PM
  • I am looking to do the same thing.

Would you mind sharing your AD queries with me?

Thanks.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:15 PM