none
Outlook 2010 fai to connect to Microsoft Exchange in Windows 8

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to configure my mail account with Microsoft exchange server using Outlook 2010 on widows 8.

However, I failed to connect and I get the below message

Microsoft Outlook
    ---------------------------
    The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.
    OK   

But, am successfully configured the Web App mail on windows 8. With the same details I am not able to connect using Outlook 2010 client (Office 2012 Pro plus).

I tried by deleting the profile and trad few things, but nothing worked.

Also, I was able to connect successfully using the same Outlook 2010 to Microsoft exchange server on Windows 7 and window s XP. I am facing this problem since I migrated to Windows 8.

Thank to look into this and help to to resolve this issue

Regards,

Gopinath B

Friday, November 16, 2012 7:20 PM

Answers

• Also, I was able to connect successfully using the same Outlook 2010 to Microsoft exchange server on Windows 7 and window s XP. I am facing this problem since I migrated to Windows 8.

Hi,
    As a first starting point, I think you should try and get some help from your local Helpdesk.I think you should try and get some help from your local Helpdesk or the Exchange Admistrator.

Martina Miskovic

• Marked as answer by Frank.Wang Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:37 AM
    Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:34 AM

All replies

• Also, I was able to connect successfully using the same Outlook 2010 to Microsoft exchange server on Windows 7 and window s XP. I am facing this problem since I migrated to Windows 8.

Hi,
    As a first starting point, I think you should try and get some help from your local Helpdesk.I think you should try and get some help from your local Helpdesk or the Exchange Admistrator.

Martina Miskovic

• Marked as answer by Frank.Wang Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:37 AM
    Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:34 AM
  • Hi,

The issue appears usually because of "Windows Firewall", I suggest you to check whether Firewall prevents Outlook from login.

Regards,

Jerry Ye

Exchange 2010 | Exchange 2007 | Outlook 2010 | Outlook 2007 | SBS 2011 | SBS 2008

Finding problems is to make progress & Solving problems is to keep advance

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:53 AM
  • Hi,

Also, I would like to give you some recommendations:

1. Stop Windows Firewall, and Logon Outlook and check whether the issue remains.

2. Run "Outlook.exe /safe", and check whether the issue remains.

3. Open Control Panel --> Mail --> E-mail Accounts --> Upon your e-mail address, Click "Repair" --> Type Name and Address again --> Finish Repairing.

Check whether the issue remains.

4. After I did some research, following is one method from one customer who has the similar issue:

Add the below key on the registry

Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider   
    Value name: DS Server    
    Value type: REG_SZ    
    Value: FQDN of the Global Catalog server

5. Check one service in Exchange Server whether it is started:

Run "services.msc" --> Microsoft Exchange Adress Book --> Check whether it is started, if not, start it.

=====

Hope all above helpful to you.

Regards,

Jerry Ye

Exchange 2010 | Exchange 2007 | Outlook 2010 | Outlook 2007 | SBS 2011 | SBS 2008

Finding problems is to make progress & Solving problems is to keep advance

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:28 AM