Required Application to User Collection Not Installing on All Devices RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an application that is deployed to a user collection. This deployment is Required because we want it installing on all the Windows 10 devices the user signs on to. The requirement for Windows 10 is also set in the Deployment Type.

It was my understanding that a deployment to a User Collection would install on all devices the user signs into. However, the deployment is still only being sent to the users' primary devices listed in SCCM. I do NOT have that requirement set in the Deployment Type.

Is the behavior different for a required deployment? How can I make it go to all of the devices?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Gary Winhoven

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 5:14 PM

All replies

• Have the users logged into the "non-primary" systems since the deployment was created?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 5:38 PM
  • Yes they have.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2020 6:28 PM
  • Have you reviewed the appevalutation.log on the clients to see if it's being evaluated and seen by the systems at all?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 7:06 PM
  • Yes. The application is not showing in the log at all.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2020 7:25 PM
  • Hi,

After the policy for the application deployment is targeted to the client, the client would download the policy at the next policy polling cycle. When the client downloads the policy, it downloads related policies in addition to the deployment policy. These related policies include the policy for the application, deployment type, global conditions, etc. Policy download activity can be tracked in the PolicyAgent.log on the client, using either the Application or Assignment Unique ID.

Application evaluation is initiated when the deployment is activated. Scheduler component creates a schedule to activate the assignment at the Available Time configured in the deployment. This activity can be tracked in Scheduler.log on the client using the Application Assignment Unique ID.

For Required deployments, the activation schedule is created, but has a delay of up to two hours to avoid resource contention on Site Servers and Distribution Points. The delay helps avoid contention since application content may be downloaded during evaluation if the application is applicable based on defined Requirement Rules.

For more details, see:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/apps/understand/user-deployment-technical-reference

This MECM Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best regards,
    Larry

"MECM" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "MECM" forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020 8:21 AM