none
Can I use Exchange 2010 Management Tool to manage Exchange 2007 server?

Question

• Hi, guys

Now I have a Exchang 2007 server installed on windows server 2003 R2(it needs to update in the future), and I installed a Exchange 2010 Management Tool on another Windows Server 2008 R2, I want to use this Exchange 2010 Management Tool to connect and manage my Exchange 2007, because I will update or install a new Exchange 2010 server on Windows Server 2008 R2. But now I get error when I open the 2010 management tool after installing. When I open Exchange 2010 Management Console, the error is:

Initialization failed.

Get the following error when searching internal deployed Exchange server:
    No CAS or other server are available in the current site or adjacent sites. Cannot connect to Remote Powershell in a Management Tools only box and no cmdlets are provided by Remote Powershell. It is running the command "Discover-ExchangeServer -UseWIA $true -SuppressError $true".

When I open Exchange Management Shell and type the Exchange Server's FQDN, the error is:

Connecting to remote server failed with following message: Client of WinRM service received from WS-managment code HTTP 403.

How can I solve this problem for connecting successfully? thank you very much.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 4:05 AM

Answers

All replies