none
Public Folder replication issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

we have 2 servers  EX1 and EX2 with one public folder on each server. All the mailboxes datastore on EX1 are set for the Public folder on EX1 and EX1 is the 'active' server in the DAG.

EX1 public folder has been set to replicate to EX2 public folder.

All this has been running fine for a couple of months.

Lately, I noticed messages in Event viewer, Event ID 3092, Error 1129 occurred while processing a replication event.

I looked in details and could not find anything special in BPA. However I noticed the size of the Public Folder Store on EX2 is 19Gb smaller than on EX1.

I tried to check the replication statistics with cmlet but it is not really easy when you have thousand of folders and subfolders.

Is there a command or script that would just  show which folders are not replicated.

Alternatively, is there a way to force replication on only the missing folders?

If not, what is exactly the best way to reforce a full replication without too much network load?

Thanks

Friday, September 30, 2011 1:50 AM

Answers

• That's no problem, really.  If the content is replicated, it won't replicate again.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Marked as answer by micro20100 Monday, October 3, 2011 8:20 PM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 3:37 PM

All replies

• One public folder, or one public folder database on each server?

You can run Get-PublicFolderStatistics and specify the server name for each server and compare the ItemCount.

Consider using the Update-PublicFolder cmdlet to kick off replication.  You can use it in conjunction with the Get-PublicFolder cmdlet to kick off replication of a subtree:

Get-PublicFolder -Identity "\Marketing\Advertising" -Recurse | Update-PublicFolder

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 1:21 AM
  • I have one public folder database on each server, the second server's been the replica. The idea of the second PF database replicated is to have a PF available in case of main failure, as PF are not part of the DAG  database replication

I find the Get-PublicFolderStatistics command very difficult to use as there are thousand of folders/subfolders and it is too hard to compare.

I will use the command you advise for that specific folder to see if it fixes this particular issue, but because of the huge difference in size for the 2 PF database, I suspect I have more stuff missing.

Would it be OK to replicate the whole PF tree by replacing "\marketing\advertising" with "\"?

Thanks

Sunday, October 2, 2011 10:48 PM
  • That's no problem, really.  If the content is replicated, it won't replicate again.
    • Marked as answer by micro20100 Monday, October 3, 2011 8:20 PM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 3:37 PM