none
move Public Folders from SBS2003 to Exchange 2010: SSL error RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    We are in the middle of migration from SBS2003 to 2008R2/Exchange 2010.

    At this stage the mailboxes are moved (some being moved) and everything seems to work.

    When I try to move public folders issuing from 2003 side "move all replicas" the wizard is finding the new (and only available) location, but after accepting the 'possible long transfer time' warning I am getting the error: "The SSL certificate server name is incorrect, ID NO: c103b404".

    There is an article  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324345 describing the similar symptom.

    Which certificate is the Exchange complaing about? The old self generated installed on 2003, or the new purchased for Exchange 2010, that seem to work fine for everything else so far?

    Thanks

    Peter

    Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:07 PM

Answers

  • I think I got it right.

    Looking into the Windows system logs I have found the correct FQDN name of the server that was expected. Then I recreated the crtificate with that name. Then removed it from Exadmin. Reseted IIS. Re-tried replication and now I can see the process going.

    Peter

    • Marked as answer by PeterE Friday, February 24, 2012 8:17 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 6:09 PM

All replies

  • I;m certain that it would the SBS server. Clear that and test.


    Sukh

    Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:15 PM
  • Well, unfortunately it did not work. After clearing SSL requirements I am still tetting the same message.

    Any other ideas? Searching did not reveal anything usable.

    Thanks

    Peter

    Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:05 PM
  • Perform a iisrest after making that change and check again.

    Sukh

    Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:32 PM
  • I just did. Restarted both IIS and Exchange and I think it did not throw an error this time, but did not display anything. Hope it does the job. Our database is quite large, ~20GB. I will see tomorrow.

    Thanks again.

    Peter

    Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:06 PM
  • Unfortunately I am still getting an error...

    Googling the problem I have found an old reference to "removing SSL from ESM to allow unsecure connection between two servers" but with no detalis.

    Peter

    Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:23 PM
  • I think I got it right.

    Looking into the Windows system logs I have found the correct FQDN name of the server that was expected. Then I recreated the crtificate with that name. Then removed it from Exadmin. Reseted IIS. Re-tried replication and now I can see the process going.

    Peter

    • Marked as answer by PeterE Friday, February 24, 2012 8:17 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 6:09 PM