none
Sim Card Slot on Surface Pro 3? RRS feed

• Question

• which Sim Card size fits for the Surface Pro 3?

anyone knows?

best Regards

Michael

Michael Selinger

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 10:04 AM

All replies

• I just received my Surface pro 3 and had the same question. The answer is: it has none. If you want to connect to a mobile Network you have to use tethering or a dongle.

Best regards

Michael Biber

Sunday, May 3, 2015 9:07 AM
  • Same problem...no SIM card slot on new Surface Pro 3...but what's confusing is that Microsoft's Website provides instruction on opening a Surface Pro 3 SIM card slot and installing SIM card here: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/mobile-broadband/set-up-your-surface-mobile-broadband?os=windows-10

Friday, August 21, 2015 8:17 PM
  • That's a Surface 3 not a Surface PRO 3.
    Saturday, August 22, 2015 7:17 AM
  • ...which absolutely mystifies me.  Any idea why?  I use my Surface Pro 3 on construction sites, in and out of Wi-Fi range, and it's a major pain in the neck to forever be juggling my phone and Surface with nowhere to set them, to turn on my phone's hotspot.  This could have been seamless with SIM! 

The Surface Pro 3 is a beautiful machine, but this is an aggravating flaw - especially so because the non-pro Surface line has SIM!  Bah.  End of rant, I really would like to know why.

Friday, October 23, 2015 5:19 AM
  • I agree,

Removing the SIM is a major oversight as i'm sure folks who are looking at a lighter, thinner tablet maybe be travelers or those in the field.

It feels like the MS Surface Pro 3 should be named Surface Lite 3 when it comes to connectivity options.

• Edited by SoCa1 Saturday, December 12, 2015 12:53 AM
    Saturday, December 12, 2015 12:52 AM