none
Default Sharing Policy

Question

• Hi

In our exchange environment we have the Default sharing policy configured to allow the specified users to share their calendars with any domain. I have the one user though, that when added to the policy still gets an error when trying to share their calendar. I know the policy works, because if i add myself to the policy i can then share externally to the same contact.

Has anyone got any advice on what troubleshooting i can perform?

Thanks

Shane

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Shane,

Does this user just a normal user mailbox? And what’s the detailed error message when sharing the calendar?

It’s recommended to move the mailbox to a new DB and check the results.

You can also run New-MailboxRepairRequest against this mailbox and check the result.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 6:51 AM
  • Hi Jason

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, this is a normal user mailbox and the error i get is below.

I cant really run the New-mailboxRepairRequest as this disrupts the users access to the mailbox.

Cheers

Shane

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 9:48 AM
  • I have added the user to this tab of the sharing policy and it doesn't apply, but if I add myself it does apply to which is strange.

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 9:51 AM
  • Thanks for your response.

Please try to recreate your login account’s windows profile on the problematic client PC, then create mail profile to test.

You can also clean the Outlook cache and select the email address in the “to” filed from the GAL and check the results.

Please refer to the article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/983062/internal-recipients-receive-an-internet-connection-sharing-file-instead-of-a-calendar-sharing-message-or-policy-does-not-allow-granting-permissions-error-in-outlook

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 09, 2017 2:59 AM
  • So i have tried moving the mailbox to a new database. I have tried doing this from a different machine as well as selecting the user from the GAL but no luck. Its strange because it works for my account but not this user.
    Thursday, March 09, 2017 10:30 AM
  • I ave found this thread which fixes the issue i have http://msexchangetips.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/calendar-sharing-is-not-available-with.html.

Does anyone know what the below will do to the account:?

set-mailbox user1 -applymandatoryproperties

Thanks 

shane

Monday, March 13, 2017 3:21 PM
  • Thanks for your response.

Glad to hear you've find the fix of the issue and thanks for your sharing. Please mark the reply as answer and it'll be helpful for others.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Regards,

Jason Chao

Monday, March 20, 2017 9:29 AM