The computer must be trusted for delegation and the current user account must be configured to allow delegation - SSDT 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2012 in Windows 10 Operating System.

When I try to open SSDT, I get this error:

The requested operation cannot be completed.The computer must be trusted for delegation and the current user account must be configured to allow delegation.

I have a separate built-in administrator account from where I installed SQL Server.  I am able to open SSDT from that account without any issues.  From my own user account, by running SSDT as an administrator, I have the above error.

Can you let me know on how I can overcome this delegation issue? I have installed SQL Server Service 2012 Pack 3.

• Edited by sph1777 Thursday, July 14, 2016 7:44 AM
    Thursday, July 14, 2016 7:44 AM

All replies

• Hi sph1777,

As far as I can tell, it seems like your user account hasn’t been listed in the trust for delegation list. If you are in a domain environment, please contact your domain administrator to enable trust for delegation for you. Otherwise, I would suggest open ‘Local Security Policy ’ under start menu\Windows Administrative Tools, then adding your user account in Security Settings/Local Policies/User Right Assignment/Enable computer and user accounts to be trusted for delegation.

For more information, please refer to this article.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

Friday, July 15, 2016 2:26 AM
  • I have given the delegation rights to my User Account, by getting into the Local Security Policy , and following the steps. 

I am still not able to create new SSDT-Integration Services (SSIS) projects with the user account.

However, I am able to create SSDT-Reporting Services (SSRS) projects with the user account ! 

I am also able to create SSDT-Analysis Services (SSAS) projects (both tabular and multidimensional) with the user account !

------------------------

Why is this problem with Integration Services (SSIS)  projects alone in SSDT ?

The requested operation cannot be completed.The computer must be trusted for delegation and the current user account must be configured to allow delegation.

My current tasks are in SSIS only ! Not SSRS or SSAS.

• Edited by sph1777 Friday, July 15, 2016 6:58 AM
    Friday, July 15, 2016 6:52 AM
  • Hi sph1777,

Since the issue is more related to SQL Server Data Tool itself, I would suggest you post a new thread in SQL Server Data Tool forum for better support.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Lin

Friday, July 15, 2016 7:36 AM
  • You can try checking the SSIS Service account to see if that differs from the other services and maybe causing a problem.

Please mark the answer as helpful if i have answered your query. Thanks and Regards, Kartar Rana

Saturday, July 16, 2016 4:37 AM
  • The same error resolved for me by setting this registry value:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\Protect\Providers\df9d8cd0-1501-11d1-8c7a-00c04fc297eb

ProtectionPolicy = 1 (DWORD)

While not specifically for SSDT/SSIS it seems to be a Windows error that generates that error message and for me it did the job.

I found this solution here: https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/178325/the-computer-must-be-trusted-for-delegation-and-the-current-user-account-must

And here: https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/7i3opn/solved_windows_10_vpn_the_requested_operation/

And its referenced in this MS KB article as a workaround to a known issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/3000850/november-2014-update-rollup-for-windows-rt-8-1-windows-8-1-and-windows

Thursday, January 3, 2019 6:23 AM
  • Works Like a Charm.. no need for restart of PC as well. 

Always in Control

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 7:54 PM
  • This Helped me. Thanks Lin
    Monday, August 17, 2020 7:17 AM